Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Be Gentle With Yourself

Today I'd like to share a card I made this weekend for a sketch challenge.  Anyone who crafts with me, knows that 'sketch' cards are my least favorite.  It's a visual thing - that black and white image just doesn't spark it for me - but show me a card made that is colorful, and then I'm good for the sketch.  Crazy right?

I recently ordered several 3D and regular embossing folders from the Stampin Up Discontinued Sale.  The Sea Shells is my absolute favorite!  This one I ordered the coordinating dies also. 

So here's the finished card, using the folder and die, then a few things about how I created it. 





 So we started with this sketch and I did clarify that it wasn't a requirement to have Christmas trees ~ just two same objects. 


Using white cardstock and the Stampin Up Sea Shell embossing folder, I made the front piece.  I trimmed it close to the raised edge (about 4" x 5 1/4") and then trimmed the light pink mat about 1/4" larger.  

I used a wavy banner dye for the horizontal strip and the SU Seashell Dies set for the two small star fish shells.  After securing the banner to the card front, I added the two die cuts and then mounted the card front on a Kraft card base.  Lastly I added the randomly placed bling dots to complete this design. 

Here's the link to Connie's Stampin Up website - there's still time to order the discontinued items ! 


Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Double Trouble ~ Challenge 136 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 204 

Stampin' Sensation ~ April Challenge 

Can You Handle the Pressure ~   Random Org Winner


 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products





9 comments:

  1. I love it
    Such a gentle card
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful embossed card and a great design too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely embossing folder and looks great on your card and lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations, but we are a stamping challenge and the focal element must be stamped as explained in our pots.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a beauty Pam - love your interpretation of the sketch, and the beautiful soft colours you used. I too find sketches a challenge!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Pam! The pretty embossing adds depth to your design and the sentiment is so thoughtful. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #136. -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam, what a beautiful card! I love how you used soft colors as your palette, and that gorgeous embossed background!! Thank you for sharing your card and creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "special lady" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pam, a beautiful card with a lovely embossing folder, something I don't use nearly as much as I should, love the sentiment you have used... thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great embossed background and love the wave of the sentiment... excellent layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That embossing folder is GORGEOUS! I love what you did with it here! What a great sentiment. Many need to hear that. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete