Friday, April 28, 2023

Listening to Nature

Recently, I ran across a selection of digital images on Etsy that intrigued me.  There were quite a few that the ladies had long flowing hair or braids and a few that included birds.  

The artist is Mariola Budek and you know I had to have a few of these beautiful designs.

The first one I colored was 'Listening to Nature'.  Besides her beautiful hair, I loved the two little birds with her. 



 

I worked on this last weekend while I was out of town on a crafting retreat.  She gained a lot of attention as the other ladies walked by and peered over my shoulder.   

I used Copic markers for the coloring, going a shade lighter than normal since the image was slightly shaded in the printing. 

Just as I was finishing my work, one of the ladies who had walked by several times, decided this one was going home with her.  She didn't want her on a card, but planned on framing her.  What an honor! 

I then trimmed the image up a bit, and die cut the edge with Penny Black's Elegant Stitching.  I mounted her on the aqua print card stock that I die cut using the Tattered Lace Nested Beaded Chain die set.  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Addicted to Stamps and MORE ~ Challenge 444 

Simon Says Stamps ~ Wednesday Challenge #105 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 593-594 

Passion for Markers ~ Week 687  

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 108 

Dragonfly Dreams ~ April Colour Palette Challenge  

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Birds:  BG000, BG01, E93, E95, YR27, Dress: V20, Hair: E21, E23, E25, Eyes: B05 

Products





10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Just gorgeous
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Your colouring is gorgeous no wonder someone wanted it in a frame.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Pam....your coloring on this is amazing. What a wonderful image and just so sweetly put together into an amazing card. I'm so grateful to have you share your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. It's always very much appreciated, Pam. Please stop by whenever you're able. I always appreciate it and look forward to seeing your cards.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful image and beautiful colouring. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm in awe of your amazing colouring. Fabulous.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love your colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous image and beautiful framing. Thank you for joining us at the Passion For Markers Challenge.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Pam. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. I love how you've framed her too. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicate colouring and pretty paper choice on this lovely card, Pam...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete