Friday, March 13, 2020

What a Treasure!

Today is my first posting as a member of the Colour Crazy Craft Challenge Design Team!  This is one of the challenge blogs that I've posted my cards in for a good while now.  I'm thrilled to be on the designing side now! 

Dr Digi's House of Stamps is the sponsor for this posting and I selected Peg-leg Pete for my design project.  

I decided to put him on a deserted island with his ship sailing away without him.  



I printed the image on Neenah 110# card stock and used my Copic markers for coloring.  When completed I carefully cut out around him, leaving the area at the bottom attached to make the island.

If you look closely, you can see the sand of the island has a textured look.  To achieve this, I used a scrap of a terry cloth towel and quickly wet a small spot on it using the Copic Blender fluid.  Dabbing the colored 'sand' with the terry piece and only holding about 3 seconds, gave the perfect effect of sand.

The next step was to  make the sunshine strip using Distressed Oxides Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber.  

Separately I took a 5 1/2" wide piece of black card stock and used the Whimsy Stamps Kinetic Straight Wave die set and cut the end to give the effect of ocean waves.  

Once I had all the elements, I was able to align them to see what size card base I needed.  I selected a solid black 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock and folded to make the card base, then cut the length to what I needed for this image.  This one ended up being 5 1/2" wide and about 6 1/4" tall.  

For the final touch I created the sentiment Arrrrggghh! Ye Scallywags! and added to the image.

I hope you enjoyed this card and will pop over to Dr. Digi's House of Stamps to find your hidden treasures! And be sure to enter YOUR cards on Colour Crazy Challenge Blogs!

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

Copics used: Coat: B24, B26, B28, YR23, YR27, Pants: E15, E17, E19, Boot: N3-N9, Peg YR14, Hand/Hook: Y26, Y28, Cork: YR24,  Rag: Y21, Parrott: BV11, YG03, YG01, Y35, YR04, YR27, Facial Hair & Chest: Black Copic multiliner, Shadow:W3, Sand, E40, E21, E11, E00

Products Used:

https://www.doctor-digi.com/digital-stamp-Peg-leg-Pete



4 comments:

  1. What a great image Pam, and I love the sentiment you added, as well as the silhouette waves and ship :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! thanks to join us at All Fun Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team Pam! Great make! x

    ReplyDelete