Monday, March 30, 2020

A Basket of Kindness

Happy Monday!  I'm back today with another card using Polka Dot Orchard's Spring Blessing digital package.  This mega package with Eight images and Twelve sentiments really gives you so many choices to make tons of cards or use in your scrapbooking projects.

For this card I used the Basket, the Eggs, the thinner Bow that is tied in the center, and the Chick.  Here's my completed project card, then a little about making it. 



I use Photoshop Elements to prepare my images, so I use layers for preparing an image like this using several things.  First I sized the basket to about 2" x 3 1/2", then added the eggs on the next layer, and the bow on the next. 

I pulled the chick in and placed it beside the basket to get the right size, then moved it away from the image.  I duplicated the chick, then placed it in front of the original and sized it down about 1/3.  

Next I printed these on Neenah 110# card stock and colored each one with Copic markers.  I used the Penny Black Elegant Stitching die for the image and also for the pink dotted matting piece.  I fussy cut out the chicks and also used a banner die for the sentiment.

I selected a 5 1/2" square deep pink card base and added the mat and the colored basket.  I adhered the chicks only at the bottom and added a small foam dot behind each of their heads for added dimension.  I added a small piece of brown twine to the sentiment tag, then added it to the card.  For the final touch, I added the three yellow enamel dots to the left of the basket. 

I hope you'll check out all the new digital packages over on Polka Dot Orchard.   We'd love to have you join our Facebook group to  ~ Friends of Polka Dot Orchard

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam
Copics Used:
 Eggs: E50, E51, E53, Brown Multiliner, Basket: E70, E71, E74, E77, Ribbon: R83, R85, Chicks: Y06, Y13, Y18, YR22

Products Used:






3 comments:

  1. Hello Pam… Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely Easter card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw!
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that sounded all very complicated to someone who is not that computer literate!! :) Love you finished results Pam, that is one gorgeous card
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful:) Thank you so much for entering into the latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Ines DT

    ReplyDelete