Friday, March 20, 2020

Cheers!

Most Friday nights I have the pleasure of spending several hours with 40-90 friends at the Shriner's Club where we gather to dance.  This group has become like a second family, such wonderful caring people from all walks of life.  

While many of them play different roles in making each week a success, without Ms Rhonda ensuring the building is opened for us, employees are there and overseeing all the operations of the night, it would never happen.

It was quite a party just a few weeks ago when we honored her birthday with a surprise cake and over 100 people signing her Cheers card!


I used My Favorite Things Soda Pop Stamp and Die set to make her card.  I die cut the bottles using several colors of card stock, then stamped the circle symbols on each and set those aside.   

I used a piece of water color paper and matched Distressed oxides to the colors of the bottles, then blended the shades in strips.  

Next I glued the bottles at the bottom and added small foam dots behind the neck of the bottles to give a little bit of dimension.

I mounted this paper onto the orange mat that I had die cut with the Tattered Lace Beaded Chain Die.  Then  I added enameled dots to match the bottles above each one to give the appearance of bubbles.   To finish the card I added the Cheers die cut across the left corner.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:



Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam
Products used:

















3 comments:

  1. Such a fun and neat idea! Way to think outside the box. It makes me want to grab a fizzy drink! lol <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card for someone who is obviously well loved! I hope you can continue with your dancing amid this Covid 19 pandemic
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card! Love the colours!
    Thanks for celebrating birthdays with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

    ReplyDelete