Monday, March 23, 2020

Weekend Christmas Challenge

For one of the activities in my card swap group, we are taking one weekend a month to work on our Christmas card stash.   This is already a lot harder to do than I thought it would be.  I specifically have my Christmas stamps separated and easy to access however, getting your mind wrapped around that holiday for just a couple days a month is just tough for me to do.  I am determined to follow through with this commitment however because I know this November I will be doing a little happy dance! 

Here's the two cards I accomplished this weekend for the challenge.




For both ornaments I stamped the images on Neenah 110# card stock and colored using my Copic markers (listed below for your reference).  

On the Cardinal Ornament card I used my Tattered Lace Beaded Chain Square die, then double matted with burgundy and gold before adhering to a chocolate brown card base.

On the Baby Jesus, the sentiment is from Altenew and die cut using the Gina Marie Wonky Stitched die.  I matched the song music paper with this card and also used accents of blue for a couple of current Christmas card challenges. 

I'll be entering these in the following challenges:


Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to visit my site ~ “Not Just Scraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items.

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

Copics Used:
Our Daily Bread Cardinal Card:
  Limbs: green and brown Copic multiliners, Pinecones: YR23, YR27, Cardinals: R29, R37, R46, Feet: YR27, Eyes: YR23.

Impression Obsession Baby Jesus Card:
  Blanket: B34, B37, Skin: E50-E55, R01, Manager: E70, E71, E73, E15, E21, E04, E37, YG91
  Glow:  Y06, Y15.

Products Used:










5 comments:

  1. Lovely Christmas cards. I'm glad I'm not the only still making them. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Pam - I don't think I could make Christmas cards all year around!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cardinal image. Great cards - both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two beautiful music-inspired cards! looooove the cardinal image, especially; and the fab music paper as well! thanks for FA-LA-LA-ing along with us at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards.

    Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete