Friday, September 1, 2023

Your Strength is Inspiring

Happy first day of September!    
Can't you already feel just a tiny hint of fall in the early morning air?  Maybe I'm just dreaming.... 

Morgan's ArtWorld is now open for September's Challenge and her Design Team has filled her blog with many beautiful cards using her images.  For my card, I've used her 'Wren' and made a card of encouragement. 


 

I made this card by sizing the image to about 3" x 4" and printed it on #110 Neenah cardstock.  I used Copic markers for coloring, which are referenced below.  

The beautiful die cut edge was obtained using Tattered Lace's Nested Beaded Chain Rectangle Dies.  For the background matting I selected a deep hunter green cardstock and trimmed to be 1/4" smaller than the 5 1/2" card base.

After mounting the background mat, I secured the completed image about 3/4" down from the top of the mat and centered between the sides.  This left about an inch of space at the bottom of the matting.  I used a sentiment from my stash 'Your Strength is Inspiring' and secured it in the remaining space.  Lastly I added the pink organza ribbon and bow at the top fold of the card base to complete the design. 

Be sure to visit Morgan’s ArtWorld 




 for more images and to see the other Design Team cards. We’d love for you to join us in the monthly challenge!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Cardz4Galz ~ Challenge 206 ~ Cute Animal or Insects  

The Paper Shelter ~ Challenge 565 ~ Add a Sentiment 

Passion for Markers ~ Challenge 705 ~ Feminine Cards  

World Wide Crafters & Colourist ~ Challenge 8 


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Flowers: RV00, RV66, YR23, Leaves: G20, G21, G24, G28, Branch: E71, E74, Beak: YR23, YR27, Wren: E95, YR01, E11, E33, E35, E15, E17, Around image: BG000

 

Products 





8 comments:

  1. Your little wren is so cute among the foliage a blossom image. You coloured it beautifully too. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, and I hope we see you in our next challenge. Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it
    Love the coloring
    Love the silver in the bow
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam this is exquisite - perfectly coloured, and I love how you have mounted it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Pam, and sweet image. So glad you joined our Add a Sentiment challenge on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Good luck, and hope to see you again soon. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card Pam. The image is adorable and your colouring is perfect. I love the die cut frame and sheer ribbon bow. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and fabulous colouring
    Thank you for joining with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog
    Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This whole card is gorgeous! Your coloring skills are fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with my theme at Cardz 4 Galz. I hope to see you in the gallery again soon! Sue - DT

    ReplyDelete