Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Make a Happy Wish

Today I'm sharing a birthday card I made using Stampendous, Sketchy Birds and another piece of the Oxide painted background paper that I made.



To make this card I started with stamping the bird and the flower separately from the set.  After coloring with Copic markers I fussy cut each piece out and set them aside. 

Earlier I had made the background paper, using a 9 x 12 watercolor paper.  I started with Oxide spray paints, then added Distressed Oxide with several stencils and finished with Versa Claire and a few background stamps.

For this card, you can see that I selected a part of the page with a doily at the top and used Pink & Main Stitched Rectangle die.



After adding a solid coordinating mat, both pieces were secured to the top fold card base.  

Next I stamped the sentiment 'Make a Happy Wish' from Mama Elephant, Sweet Greetings with Versa Claire Warm Breeze at the bottom of the card and heat embossed it.  I added several peach an aqua enamel dots randomly on the card front and finished the design with the organza ribbon and bow at the top fold. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

AAA Birthday Challenge ~ Game 53 ~ Animals  

Cutie Pie ~ Challenge 186 ~ Birthdays  

Make Mine Monday ~ Challenge 210 ~ Create Your Background  

Dragonfly Dreams ~ September Challenge ~ Happy Birthday  

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

R00, R02, R05, R12, R93, R95, Flower: BG70, BG72, BG57  

 

Products 

Stampendous, Sketchy Birds  

Pink & Main, Stitched Rectangles




 

8 comments:

  1. Love this Pam - love how you have made and then used the background sheet, and the wee bird is so sweet over it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this
    So cute
    So colorful
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Pam. Great coloring of the little bird and fabulous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute card Pam. Your birds are adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Birthday challenge this month. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous background sheet, Pam! Love how it sets off this cheery bird! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you made the background and the cute little bird.THank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background is lovely and it is obvious a lot of thought went into it. That bird is so cute too. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty background and image. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday

    ReplyDelete