Thursday, September 14, 2023

Friends Uplift The Soul

Today I'm sharing an image from the new release from Polkadoodles 'Autumn Fall Halloween Treats' package. 

For this Hot Air Balloon Pumpkin image I decided to make a birthday card.



 I sized the balloon to about 4" tall and used Copic markers for coloring,  After cutting it out, I carefully colored the white edges with the lightest shade of green so it would blend better when mounted. 

I cut the card base out of coordinating dark green card stock and used an Anna Griffin embossing folder to get the textured background paper.  I also added a layer of foam behind the balloon before securing it in the center of the card base.  The sentiment was taken from Polkadoodles Honeypie Greetings and then mounted on a lighter shade of green strip across the bottom of the card front.  Lastly I added the mint green organza ribbon and bow at the fold to complete the card design. 

Happy Birthday Jackie B!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Get Creative ~ Challenge 125 ~ Pumpkin Spice Please 

Simon Says ~ Monday Challenge ~ Take Flight 

Avenue 613 ~ September Challenge 

The Corrosive Challenge ~ #9 September 

Paper Dragonfly ~ Challenge 21 ~ Anything Flies 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 261 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

BG09, BG57, BG15, BG13, YR02, E95, E93

Products 

Polkadoodles, Autumn Fall Halloween Treats  

Polkadoodles, Honeypie Greetings Sentiments

3 comments:

  1. It sure does look like a pumpkin 🎃
    Love it
    Love the uplifting with a hot air balloon
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning use of the image, Pam. So beautifully coloured and mounted, and a perfect pairing with the sentiment
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors that you used to create this beautiful pumpkin air balloon. Stunning. Thank you so much for joining us at 613 Avenue

    ~Tamara (DT)

    ReplyDelete