Thursday, September 21, 2023

'Tweet' Bird-day Wishes

Today's card is full of birthday wishes for Ms Helen, one of my Mission Mover ladies who is also one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met.  She always embraces each day with a positive attitude, a beautiful smile and kind words. I just love her to pieces! 

I made this card using the weekend challenge sketch for one of the card groups I'm in. I used the bird from Stampendous, Sketchy Birds.



 Here's the sketch we were given ~ 


I started by stamping the bird separately and using my Copic markers for coloring, then fussy cutting her out.  I added a layer of foam to the back of the body and head of the little bird and set her aside. 

Then using the measurements indicated on the sketch and several assorted papers, I assembled my card.  The sketch is open for some interpretation thus it's okay to add the other elements like the smaller horizontal strip across the middle, the horizontal strip for the bird to perch on and the white circle for the sentiment. 

I stamped the sentiment from the same package and secured it on the patterned circle.  Using a standard A2 card base, I secured each layer as shown ending with the bird.  Lastly I added the organza ribbon and bow at the card fold to complete my design. 

Happy Birthday Ms. Helen!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 


4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card Pam -= love how you have used the sketch to show case this sweet wee bird
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute
    Ms Helen will love it
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! This bird is so cute. And cut so perfectly. Great color scheme, I love this mango and purple color. Beautiful bow to complete this lovely Bird-Day card.
    Thank you for participating in the Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, and what a cute little birdie! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday. Hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete