Thursday, August 31, 2023

You Are A Gift From God

Today I'm posting with the Classic Design Challenge Blog Design Team as we open the September Challenge.  Sure does seem like it's too soon to be September doesn't it!  This summer has certainly gone by fast but as always, I'm ready for fall!

If you follow and enter the Classic Design Challenge, I'd like to say please note that we're making a few changes over there this month and over the next few months.  Our Admin/Lead Michelle will be taking a well deserved break for a while and Hester and I will be picking up the reins until she returns.  You will notice that the September blog will run until October 10th and the October blog will start on October 15th.  The blog will follow that schedule (closing on the 10th and starting on the 15th) going forward after that. There will be a few other changes, but for now that's the main one.  Now on to this month's...

Our sponsor for September is Polkadoodles Crafting which is based in the UK.  For my image, I've selected Sleeping Lily Ladybug Ladybird for my project card. 




 

To make this card I started by sizing the image to just under 3" tall. I added the digital sentiment stamp under the image from another company, then printed them on 110# Neenah cardstock.   I colored her with my Copic markers and used Gina Marie Designs Frilly Lace Nested Circle Die for the edge.  

The card base is a 5 3/4" square top fold and I added the magenta matting for the first layer after tying the pink organza ribbon around the center.  For the second layer, I secured a paper doily that is slightly larger than the completed image, and lastly secured the completed sleeping lily image to complete the card design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

World Wide Crafters & Colourist ~ August Challenge 

I Love Promarkers ~ Challenge 541 

Simon Says Stamps ~ Challenge 109 

Just Us Girls ~ Challenge 694 

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Leaves: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, Ladybug: R46, N4, B41, N6, N7, R83, Around image: R00

 

Products 




5 comments:

  1. I love this
    Tooooo cute
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute image and you have used it beautifully on your card Pam. Love your oink background and the layered doilies
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam... I just love it! Sooo sweet! I seem to call every baby "Sweet Pea" so the card truly resonates with me. Your coloring is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creation! I love sweet image!
    Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete