Tuesday, September 19, 2023

You Are My Sunshine

Today I'm sharing a card I recently made for an Alphabet challenge using the letter 'U'.   From my stash I selected QKR Stampede's 'Dancing Hippo', with her UMBRELLA of course. 



 
This quirky image has been around a long time and I think I've used it probably a dozen times for different occasions. She is just too cute not to and so many different sentiments fit her personality perfectly.

For this card I sized her to just under 4" and layered the sentiment to the left before printing.  I went with monochromatic shades of purples with my Copic markers for all of the coloring. 

For the die cut edge I used Gina Marie's Tribal Stitch Rectangles which allows the lavender dotted patterned paper to show through for a nice effect also.  Both are secured on a standard A2 size card base and then I added the organza ribbon and bow at the fold.  Lastly I added Black Diamond Stickles on the hearts and ruffles of her tutu for a little extra sparkle before sending her to my swap partner. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

 Dream Valley ~ Challenge 301 ~ Make It Digital  

Challenge Up Your Life ~ Challenge 162 

Crafts Galore Encore ~ September ~ Challenge 115  

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 76 

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 78 ~ Make It Feminine


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hippo: BV25, BV20, BV23, Umbrella: BV08, BV04, BV02, TuTu: BV03, B63

 

Products 

QKR Stampede, Dancing Hippo (website currently down)



 

4 comments:

  1. So darn cute
    I really like how you use your ribbon
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Pam. Fun image and great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Pam - love that sweet hippo! and you have presented her beautifully here, and the sentiment is perfect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This a beautiful Card, thank you for participating in the Challenge Up Your Life, Hugs Michaela

    ReplyDelete