Sunday, September 10, 2023

Happy Birthday My Sweet Friend!

Today is a special day as we are celebrating my friend June's 88th birthday!  She loves flowers and they love her!  There are always hummingbirds buzzing around her porch at the feeders and in her beautiful flower gardens, this just seemed like the perfect image for her birthday card.  

It's by Inkadinkado and is called Hummingbird Morning Glory.



If you follow my blog you may recall seeing this image several weeks ago as I did a Thinking of You card and colored it using Prismacolor pencils.  For today's card I've used my Copic markers and have referenced the colors below. 

Once completed I used Cheery Lynn's French Flair Scalloped Square dies for the decorative edge on both the colored image and the coordinating blue stripped mat.  

The card base is 5 3/4" square with the fold at the top.  I secured the matting with the vertical strips, then turned the colored image to form a 'diamond' shape, and secured it.  

The sentiment is from Penny Black's Grateful Hearts and was stamped with Versa Claire Warm Breeze and heat embossed.  I die cut the sentiment with a generic tag die and raised it with foam, then secured it at the bottom right corner of the card. front.  Next I added three yellow enamel dots randomly around the image.  Lastly I added the blue organza ribbon and bow at the top fold to complete the card design. 

I really enjoyed making this card for my special friend and shopping buddy! I can't wait to see what adventures we have for our next year! 


Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 261 

Paper Dragonfly ~ Challenge 21 ~ Anything That Flies 

Creative Inspiration ~ Challenge 6  

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 680 

World Wide Crafters & Colourist ~ Challenge 8

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Flowers: V12, V15, V17, R85, R83, R81, Y38, Y35, Y18, Y13, Leaves: YR63, G24, YR61, Hummer: BG05, B24, B34, V15, V12, YG23, YG01, R56, Around: G000  

Products 






  

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday June
    What a great card
    Beautiful
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Pam - I love it - your colouring as ever is amazing, and I think your mounting of the image is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete