Monday, September 25, 2023

Shout His Praise

Last week I finally took the time to try my hand at creating my own background papers using Oxide sprays and inks.   Today I'm sharing the first completed card and the paper I made for it's background.

The completed image is from Impression Obsession named Shell Picture.  It was Copic colored, cut out by hand, and then raised with foam before adding to the background paper.

I started with a 9" x 12" piece of watercolor paper and randomly sprayed Cracked Pistachio, Kitach Flamingo, and Mermaid Lagoon Oxide Sprays. I lightly sprayed water over this and let it dry for about 10 minutes.



Next I used Distressed Oxides Uncharted Mariner, Blueprint Sketch, Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves with bits of stencils from Gina Marie Designs' Ocean Waves, Whimsy's School of Fish, and Brutus Monroe's Seashell Swirls.  Lastly I randomly stamped using Versa Clair Warm Breeze and Bo Bunny's Wall to Wall and Circular Textures.  

My end results looked like this.  I'll be the first to admit - A bit out of my comfort zone and my style.  But it was fun and once cut into card fronts, the real fun begins. 

4 x

I did use the background piece to guide my selection of Copic colors for the Shell Picture stamp.  I selected the sentiment from Technique Junkies, Psalms of the Sea and embossed it after stamping using the same Versa Claire Warm Breeze.  

I secured the background panel to the card base, then added the Shell Picture and then the sentiment to complete my card design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Ave 613 ~ September  

Crafty Catz ~ Challenge 651 ~ ATG Watercolor background   

Cardz4galz ~ September ~ Use a Stencil, Sentiment & Image  

Addicted to Stamps ~ Challenge 454  

Worldwide Crafters and Colourist ~ September Challenge 

Pam's Pearls

Products 




6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful
    Colors are gorgeous
    Amazing work
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background is amazing as is the colouring of your shells. Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4gallz, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dreamy background. Just a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you choice of inks and colours. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background and colours. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete