Friday, September 8, 2023

Penguin's First Snow


Somewhere along the way, this cute little penguin hopped in my shopping card and has been waiting to be colored. Penguin's First Snow is made by Whiff of Joy and is a small stamp, a little less than 3" tall. 



 

So when I colored him, I went ahead and fussy cut him out knowing I wanted to add a background to help make him big enough for the card.  

I found a couple of random sheets in my stash that coordinated well with the toboggan hat and strategically cut the rectangle shape for the card front.  The other piece had 4 squares for journaling - the one with the snowflake was perfect for his size.  I rounded the corners and secured the snowflake paper to the card base then added foam squares to the back of the cut out penguin and added him in front of the snowflake. 

Lastly I added the fishtail cut Christmas sentiment at an angle above the image.  Another card ready for my Christmas Stash 2023.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Simon Says ~ Stamp It 

Passion for Markers ~ Challenge 706 ~ Christmas in September (Top 5)

The Holly & The Ivy ~ Challenge 147 

Christmas with the Cuties ~ Challenge 73 ~ Something Snowy  

Merry Little Christmas Blog ~ Challenge 52

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

BG57, R46, R0000, N3, N5, N7, Y0000, B60, YR23, YR27  

 

Products

Whiff of Joy, Penguin's First Snow (discontinued)




6 comments:

  1. Just so cute
    Great job
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little guy is a cutie, Pam. Love the background you have created. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute i do miss WOJ and thanks for sharing at PFM this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute image for this lovely festive card. Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute Christmas card and I love your colour choices. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, great design and super cute image, thanks for sharing with us at Christmas with the Cuties.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete