Tuesday, September 5, 2023

I Shut My Eyes

Today I'm sharing a card that looks fairly simple but was a tough one to make.  I've used Unity Stamps' 'Eyes Closed ~ See Clearly by Artist Phyllis Harris for this card which was made honoring a very special 15 year old who was called to heaven following many years of fighting cancer.



Lauryn's aunt is one of the crafters in our local group and has shared the many long journeys this child has gone through.  It has been an honor for several of us to send her cards of encouragement throughout her illness and celebrate many small victories through her aunt's stories also.  

So many of Phyllis Harris' images are appropriate for children's life events and struggles.  How wonderful that she shares her talents through her images and sentiments.  Although we never feel there are enough words or the right words for a sympathy card, Unity Stamps seem to always come through with plenty of heartfelt options.  

My card was simple - just a little Copic coloring, one die cut on the image, a matted sentiment and a ribbon/bow at the fold.  No fancy words, just simple prayers and thoughts to the family, sharing their sorrow and celebrating Lauryn's beautiful life.  The important thing as a card maker is, no matter how hard it is to make those cards, just do it and send them!  They are needed and appreciated.  Never second guess yourself and think your cards aren't good enough.  Your friends love hearing from you and seeing your work.  You are a Blessing to Others!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

A Perfect Time to Craft ~ September Challenge 

Ally's Angels ~ Challenge 73 

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 78 ~ Make It Feminine 

Creative Crafters ~ Challenge 67 

Avenue 613 ~ September Challenge 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hair: B41, N3, N4, N5, Skin: R01, E34, Rose: R46, Dress: R81, R83, R85, Leaf, Grass & Ribbon: G43

 

Products 



 


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautifull card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Creative Crafters Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete