Monday, September 4, 2023

Peppermint Santa's Helpers

We are all taking a deep breath anytime someone mentions how many days or weeks til Christmas 2023... yet we look forward to the joyous occasion with our family and friends the closer it gets.  For us card makers, we are busy working on our stash (or should be, right?) so that we can have them ready to mail right after Thanksgiving.  

Today's featured card is from Jan's Digital Stamps and it's one of her new releases for September!  It's called Peppermint Santa and is one of the headliners on her Challenge blog for the month.   

For my project card, I sized the image to just under 4" tall and layered the 'A Merry Christmas' sentiment just above and to the left of Santa's head.  I printed the image on 110# Neenah cardstock and then colored Santa and his cute helpers with my Copic markers.  If you have animals at your house I'm sure you can really relate to this image and them 'helping' you get ready for the holidays! 

The card base is 6" square and I've added a 1 1/2" vertical strip of Christmas animal print paper down the left side.  The remainder of the background is covered in the red with gold foiling patterned paper.  

I used My Favorite Things, Elegant Rectangle Stax to die cut the completed image and secured it in the center of the card base horizontally, but slightly lower than center vertically. I did this so that I can add the organza ribbon and bow when I am ready to mail the card.  My bows are light and fluffy and I want them to be received that way - not smushed in a box for 4-8 months before sending them out. 

I hope you will hop over to Jan's Monthly Challenge Blog to see all of her Design Team cards of inspiration and to enter your handmade cards there too!  We'd love to see them! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 118 

Peace on Earth ~ Challenge 47 

Jingle Bells ~ Challenge 8 ~ Vintage  

World Wide Crafters & Colourist ~ August Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

 Cat: YR21, E31, Dog: E30, E13, E15, Can: N3, RV29, Paint & Santa outfit: R27, R29, R46, Belt: N8, Boots: N5, N6, N7, Y26, Candy Cane: RV29, N0, Brush: E11, N3, RV29, Shadow: W3

 

Products

Jan's Digital Stamps, Peppermint Santa 

My Favorite Things Rectangle Stax

 

7 comments:

  1. Pam, I like how you've flipped the image for a different perspective and now we know how Candy Canes are actually made! Thanks for a great team project for The Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and festive card, I've always wondered how they get the stripes onto candy canes! So happy you could join our Old-Fashioned Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card and nicely coloured. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully coloured Pam. Thank you for showing us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great image from Jan and you've done it justice with your colouring.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant image and lovely colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete