Wednesday, September 13, 2023

We May Not Be Spring Chickens

Yesterday was one of my friends birthday who's about the same age as I am.  She and her husband love to hike in the mountains of North Carolina and travel a good bit on all kinds of adventures in their retirement life.  I love traveling through their photos to all the wonderful places they go!

Today I'm sharing the card I sent to her for her special day!




 This little clucker is from Beccy's Place, Spring Chickens digital set.  This is one of my favorite sets as all three of the images and six sentiments are just funny and perfect to mix and match. 

After sizing the image I layered the sentiment of choice to the left of the image and printed.  I used Copic markers for coloring and the Gina Marie Designs Label Six for the decorative edge on the image and the coordinating smoky blue mat.  Then I secured both layers to an A2 sized Kraft card base.  Lastly I added a red organza ribbon at the fold with a heart charm that says 'Live Laugh Love' what she does best every day! 

Happy Birthday Brenda! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

AAA Birthday ~ Challenge 53 ~ Animals 

Crafting Happiness ~ September Challenge #146 

Cutie Pie ~ Challenge 186  

Dragonfly Dreams ~ September Challenge ~ Happy Birthday 

Beccy's Place ~ September Challenge

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

R05, R27, R29, YR23, YR27, E41, E42, E43, Egg: B00, BG000, Shadow: W3 

Products 

Beccy's Place, Spring Chickens

Gina Marie Designs, Label Six

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute 🐔
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Pam. I'm sure Brenda loved it! The chickens in this set make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun digi! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute image, Pam, resulting in a fun and fabulous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Brenda will get a chuckle from her birthday card Pam, it's fabulous! You did a great job colouring the chicken, and I love the addition of the Live, Laugh, Love charm and the pretty red ribbon.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brought a smile to my face, love the gentle humour. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete