Sunday, January 1, 2023

Sending My Prayers

Today we are opening a new month on Critter Crazy Challenge Blog.  For my card today,  I have selected a large Luna Moth from Impression Obsession and made a Sympathy card.


After stamping the moth on 110# Neenah cardstock, I colored it with my Copic markers.  Then I carefully cut out the moth as close as I could, not leaving any white showing.  One 'trick' when trying to achieve this is to take a dark marker, like Copic N6 and carefully go around the edge of the card.  I hold the pen vertically and use the side of the brush tip, carefully rotating the image to cover the sides with black.  

I selected the plum cardstock that matched the center of the month as the background paper.  Then I embossed it using the Sizzix embossing folder Organic Petals.  After trimming the edges I secured it to a standard A2 white card base.   

Next I added the moth, tilted to the left slightly and secured him.  I stamped the sentiment 'Deepest Sympathy' with Versa Clair Monarch ink and die cut it with a fishtail die before securing it to the top left of the card. 

Be sure to visit the Critter Crazy Challenge to see all the Design Team members cards for inspiration and to enter your animal card too! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Cards Galore Encore ~ January ~ Challenge 107 

Can You Handle the Pressure ~ Dry embossing 

Stamping Sensation ~ January 

We Love Stamping ~ January

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

YG25, V000, BV20, BV23, V17, YG01, N6

 

Products




 


 

5 comments:

  1. So pretty is the fresh colours, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping January challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used beautiful colours and a nice embossingfolder. Great card!
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Pam - a sensitive card for a difficult time
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. A love uplifting card in the bright and bold colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping January challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete