Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Happy Birthday Country Girl

Although it's the afternoon of January 31, here in the USA, it's already February 1st across the pond.  I'm here with the Design Team from the Classic Challenge Blog as we open the February edition.  Be sure and check to see if you were a winner in January.

Our February sponsor is All Dressed Up Digital Stamps and I've selected Country Girl for my Design Team Card.



Isn't she the cutest with her floppy hat and yellow flowers!

To make today's card, I sized the image to just under 3" tall and added my Happy Birthday sentiment to the right of her.  

After printing, I used my Copic markers for coloring.  I used Gina Marie Designs Nested Scalloped Stitched Rectangles die for the decorative edge on the completed image. 

I selected the yellow patterned paper and the coordinating blue card stock 2" strip.  After securing each to the A2 card base, I added the Country Girl image.  I tied the blue metallic string around the top and made a small bow.

While I thought I was finished, I wasn't pleased with all the 'white space' above the 'Happy Birthday'.  So I grabbed the scrap strips off the printer table and added a fish tale cut to the ends, then trimmed to properly fit in the open area.  When satisfied with my arrangement of the little tags, then I secured them to the card. Much better! 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 102  

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 247 

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 486 

Seize the Birthday ~ Challenge 254 

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge ~ January

 Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hat: B14, B16, B12, B05, B06, Flowers: Y11, Y15, Y17, Leaves: YG61, YG63, YG67, Hair: E21, E23, E25, Clothes: B06, B05, B01, Shoes: N0, N2, Butterfly: B16, B14, B01, Y11, Shadow: W3, W2 

Products

All Dressed Up, Country Girl

Gina Marie Designs, Stitched Scallop Rectangle

  

8 comments:

  1. Oh so so cuuuute
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie Pam, and I love how you added the banners to 'fill' the void - well done as it's a fabulous card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't she cute? Love the Happy Birthday font.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout of your card and she is very cute!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is as cute as can be! Awesome coloring and fun layout! Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colourful card! The addition of the banners top right was a great idea to balance the design. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card - I like the bright colours.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a darling card. Your coloring is fantastic.

    I just want to let you know that the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge has a new name and blog address. You can find it here. Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    We hope to see you there.
    ~ Arlene DT

    ReplyDelete