Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tall Valentine Wishes

Today I'm sharing one of my favorite animals ~ I do love giraffes. 

I've used the Giraffe from Sweet n' Sassy's, Stand Tall set.



After stamping and coloring the giraffe, I fussy cut her out and set it aside. 

I wanted to use a new die from Poppy Stamps called Heartscape Hill.   To my surprise, when I opened the die, it's only about 3" wide (not the width of the card, like I thought). so I die cut it using the red polka dot paper and proceeded with the center panel.  I used a stitched wavy edge die to make the rolling hills and secured them to the panel.  The sentiment is from the same stamp package and I used a Gina Marie Designs Drop Pendant die to get the shape and stitched edge. 

At this point, I could have stopped and used the panel as a bookmark or tag.  However I decided to continue, taking the scraps of red and adding the vertical strips on the outside of the A2 card base.  Then I secured the completed panel onto the center of the card to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

 Sweet n' Sassy ~ January VIP Challenge  

Cupcake Inspiration  ~ Challenge 561   (Sweet Pick-DT)

Stamp + Fun = Creativity ~ Challenge 424 

Allsorts Challenge ~ Week 712  

Sweet Stampin' ~ Cards for Kids


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Hearts: R59, Giraffe: YR12, YR21, YR27, R11, R83, Y21

 

Products 














 

7 comments:

  1. Well that little surprise you had sure worked out!
    Such a cute cute card 🦒 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and colourful card with the Giraffe, many thanks for joining in our Spots and Stripes theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest giraffe! And clever design creation with your dies. Thank you so much for playing along with the Spots and/or Stripes challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet!! I LOVE that giraffe!!! Thanks for playing with us for the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #561!

    Nora
    CIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love giraffes too and this is a fab colourful card with a great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creation Pam! Thanks for sharing it with us for our 'Cards For Kids' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Hugs, Wends xoxo SSDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really cute design. Thanks for joining us at S+F=C.

    ReplyDelete