Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Home Sweet Home

When is it okay to use a Christmas image on your card, when it's not Christmas? 

Today I'm sharing a card I made last week for a sweet couple who just moved into their new home ~ on Christmas Eve. 


 This House Mouse image, was perfect for their house warming card and captured that it was on a special day in December. 

For this one, I stamped the image sometime back since I was departing with some of my wooden stamps. Unfortunately it was a thrift store find and didn't have a name.  Thankfully I now have several of them scanned and can use digitally.  I sized the image to just a little larger than the stamped image, since I wanted the card to be a 6" square size.  I also placed the sentiment at the bottom on the image before printing. 

I used Copic markers for coloring and then used the Gemini Scalloped Edge Square 2 die set for the image and the solid matting.  I cut and folded the ivory cardstock for the base, then added the printed patterned paper for the next layer.  After securing the image to the solid green mat, I then added that layer to the card base.   I elected not to add a bow or twine as I wanted the image to be the focal point of their card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

House Mouse Monday Challenge #380 

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 68 

Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 163 

Merry Little Christmas Challenge ~ #48 

Scribbles ~ Challenge 115 ~ Not a Creature was Stirring 

2 Sisters on the Blog ~ Challenge 70 ~ New Home

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Roof: E17, E19, Stone: W2, W3, W4, W5, E52, Ground: E50, E57, Rug: BG45, BG49, Stockings: R27, R29, Mice: E21, E23, E25, E93, and E31, E33, E37, E93, Candle: BG45, Y11, Y17, R27, Sky: B000




9 comments:

  1. Super cute card Pam :-) the image is so sweet and just perfect for a couple moving into a new home on Xmas eve!! Absolutely perfect!! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s, did you see that you have won the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Pam, and so beautifully coloured with a stunning result - a fabulous and sweet card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I know your neighbors enjoyed it. I love the frame and papers. Great coloring too. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure they were thrilled to get your card with its Christmas themed house, perfectly appropriate. Thanks for sharing your work with us at House Mouse & Friends, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Christmas card, thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe's Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sweet, colored up beautifully. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card.
    Thanks for joining our challenge.
    Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and I'm sure it was appreciated.

    Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete