Wednesday, January 25, 2023

By Love Serve One Another

This year I'm starting another Bible Verse Journal along with my friends on Christian Card Makers.  We did this project back in 2016 and it was so gratifying.  Each Monday a scripture for the week is posted and we are to complete an image relative to the scripture and then journal a little about what the scripture means to us or what our feelings are concerning it. 

For my cover, I selected an image from last year's calendar from Friendly Inspirations.  It of course was larger than my journal so I scanned it, removed the color and reduced it to fit the front cover.  The coloring was done using my Copic markers; I added the blue matting before securing to the book.  



Today I'm sharing the scripture for the week of January 9th, You Are the Light of the World, Matthew 5:14.

I've used an image from Beccy's Place, Lamp and Quill.  This was a freebie from her June 2022 newsletter and worked perfectly for this scripture. 


After enlarging to fit my journal, I printed the image on Neenah 110# cardstock and used Copic markers for coloring.  The beautiful edge 'stitching' was achieved using Penny Black's  Elegant Stitching die set.   I added the burgundy matting and secured in my journal. 

I hope that I will stay focused on this project throughout the year.  I'll be sharing more of my pages also. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 





 

10 comments:

  1. That is really a nice idea, Journaling a scripture. Both images are so very nice. You're good with that computer lol
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet journal cover Pam, and I love how you have used the 'freebie' to create your beautiful page
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely entry and beautifully coloured.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've colored both beautifully, Pam. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project Pam, it's always nice to work on something over a period of time. You've done a great job with these pages. I'm sure your journal will look awesome when it's done.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lamp is perfect for your sentiment.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both images are beautifully colored! Nice work! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely images and lovely words.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete