Wednesday, January 11, 2023

It Takes Courage ~ Growing in Unity 2023 Day Three

For Day 3 of Growing in Unity, I've selected Angie Girl, BraeLynn Girl along with the background stamp from Unity's Kit of the Month, 06/20, Change the World.  The sentiment is a quote from E. E. Cummings.

My thoughts for today take me to how hard it is for us to take the first step towards change.  Our comfort zone, even though it may be uncomfortable, is where we want to be.  The unknown is scary in many ways.  Yet if you look back on life, the times you have taken the step out in faith have resulted in a better life for yourself.  It definitely takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.


After stamping these images separately, I used my Copic markers for coloring.  I fussy cut BraeLynn out and set her to the side.   I had stamped the background at the top of a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" cardstock, knowing I wanted to place the girl in front.  This allowed me plenty of space to bring the grassy area down past the stamped design.  I placed the girl in the grassy area, just left of center, securing her at the base and adding several foam squares at the top to add dimension to the design.

Next I added the sentiment to the top and then cut a black mat about 1/4" larger than the colored set. I selected a deep burgundy cardstock and cut the card base 4" x 7".  I can see some of you saying 4x7?  Don't let standard card sizes rule what you make.  Release that and make your card the size the design calls for.  This is especially important when you are using two stamp sets.  Cramming it all together just to stay in a standard size will be out of proportion.  You work too hard to do that.  (smile) 

Don't forget to comment on today's posting for a chance to be one of the two $20 winners for Unity Stamps. Be sure to leave your name as many comments are coming in as 'Anonymous'

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

A Place to Start ~ January (Rising Star)

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 284 ~ New Beginnings 

Beyond the Blues ~ Challenge 77 ~ Something New 

C.R.A.F.T ~ Challenge 663 ~ New 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 577-578

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Brick Wall: R56, R59, E04, Door: E37, Steps: C3, C2, Hanging Baskets: BG34, YG93, R83, R55, Y15, Cactus: YG91, YG93, BG34, YR23, YR27, Pots: YR23, YR24, YR27, Flowers: BG02, BG05, V12, V17, Y15, R83, YG91, YG93


Products 

Unity Stamps, BraeLynn ~ Angie Girl

Unity Stamps, Kit of the Month, 06/20, Change the World



 

24 comments:

  1. The depth and layering are gorgeous! Bravo!
    Jenni Shamblin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great sentiment, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sure is a lot of coloring. The card is fantastic and the sentiment is amazing. Great job
    Karlé Blahut xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! Your color combos are great.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, I love the background and your coloring. The teal is such an awesome standout color too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gave Braelynn such a great background and your colors are so rich! Well done!!😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful scene! Love the way you colored the images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous scene and beautifully coloured. Gorgeous card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Love your coloring. -Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card--your Copic coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous with all this glorious color! Great sentiment and coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, another great card. I love the change the world set.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Copic coloring is fabulous... and I love the scene you created
    Amber T (Forever Amber's Art)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful, beautiful, card Pam - love how you have placed the BraeLynn image to the side
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful composition! For those of us locked into A2, great encouragement to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great combination of stamps, Pam. Lovely scene. Thanks for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome way to use that door image! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful coloring! I love that you are doing all Angie girls!

    ReplyDelete