Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Enjoy the Adventures Ahead

Today I'm sharing a birthday card I recently made for an 'old' and dear friend. I spent over half of my 31 year working career working with him.  Although I retired over ten years ago, he is just getting ready to start enjoying his well deserved retirement.

One of his retirement 'toys' is a new red Ford GT Mustang! What better image to use for this milestone birthday.

  I used a Goggle free image hoping that I'm close to the actual car.  Anyone that colors with Copics, knows how hard Red is to shade and blend. This one was no exception. 

Once I got the car colored, I penciled in the mountains and colored in the shading.  Then I added the setting sun and sky coloring accordingly.  

   I used a 6" square card base, covered with the peachy paper.  I trimmed the completed image and added the black liner mat. The sentiment was computer generated, matted in the same black liner mat and added near the bottom of the card front.  I added the washi tape from the left side to the sentiment.  Lastly I added glossy accents to the windshield and side window to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 163 ~ January 

Give a Crafter a Cookie ~ Challenge 176 - January - RED 

Creative Crafter Challenge ~ Challenge 59  

AAA Birthday Challenge ~ Game 45   

Crafting Happiness ~ Challenge 138 ~ Celebrations 


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Sky: YR65, E95, R11, YR20, Sun: Y11, Y15, Y18, Y19, Mountains: W0, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, Mustang: R000, R27, R29, R37, R39, R56, R59, RV19, C0 C2, C4, C5, C6, C7, Windshield, B000, B00 


 


8 comments:

  1. Great job on the red coloring and windshield too. Fabulous background and shading. He should frame this one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous, and thoughtful, card Pam - well done on the reds! Glossy Accents are wonderful for windows - I use them a lot
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Pam... You have made a fabulous retirement card for your friend... thanks for entering the 'new beginnings' challenge at Crafty Friends... good luck and hope you will join us again.
    Diane Louise (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Creative Crafters Challenge Blog
    Big Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card Pam. Love the scene you've created and so clever to use glossy accents for your windows. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Great masculine card with the retiree's car included, a thoughtful card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafting Happiness Challenges Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pam, what a wonderful card and I would have loved to see the expression by your friend when you handed over this card - such an artwork!
    Thank you so much for joining us at AAA Birthday Challenge and really hope you will join one of the upcoming challenges too!
    PS: Totally agree, I struggle with blending reds too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card for your "old" friend! I bet he loved/will love it! Great job colouring the car, reds are so hard and they always bleed (at least for me), love your colouring of the windshield and side windows! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete