Thursday, January 5, 2023

What To Do With Little Phill

After following 'Beccy's Place' this past November/December and having so much fun in her 30 Days of Christmas Cards challenge, I am determined to follow a little more closely for 2023.  I really enjoy her coloring skills and her blogs are so well written.  

You know I've been told that I like a challenge.  I hadn't really thought about that but with all the design team work I do, I guess I'm somewhat use to a challenge.  We'd all agree that some images just look weird to us, right?  Being on the design team comes with the responsibility to make your card sell the image. 

Beccy's January Challenge  came with a Freebie - Little Phill image and a sheet of digi paper.  While you can enter any of Beccy's designs in her monthly challenge, she is giving us Phill to use also and post.  Like all 'good' challenges - there's a twist. 

For January, I want you to "keep it local". Include something in your project that reminds you of your home or your neighbourhood. Feel free to interpret the extra challenge however you wish, and remember that it's just an optional extra.

Doesn't sound bad, until you see Little Phill and you realize he's holding a game controller.   Hmm.... great for young mothers but not much here locally that has anything to do with a game controller.  I live on the lake, my kids are adults and I'm just thinking okay - color him, forget the twist she added, and move on. 

But as I happened to walk past our large picture window I see a heron fishing from a small patch of tall grass. (See photo at the end of this posting.) My brain started turning as I looked through all the packages of digis that I own from Beccy's Place.   It took a while to design, but here's the finished product. 




I've incorporated parts from Beccy's Wetlands package, placing Little Phill on the floating log, right outside my door in 'my lake'.  Don't you love the turtle on the log with him!  I couldn't find a sailboat in her images so I placed a small silhouette of a sailboat between Phill and the land. 

After sizing down to 5" square and printing, I colored the image with my Copic markers.  I used a 6" square royal blue cardstock for the top fold card base and added the red/orange paper to cover all but 1/4" all the way around.  I printed a small strip of the free digital paper and secured it through the middle of the card base, then added the colored image in the center.  

I printed the computer generated sentiment 'You Float My Boat' and die cut it out using Gina Marie Designs Drop Pendant die set.  After securing it at the top right, I added the blue string/twine around the top fold and place a helm charm in the knot. 

How's that for making Little Phill fit locally here at the shores of Lake Murray?  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Beccy's Place, January Challenge ~Twist, make it local 

Sweet Stampers ~ Challenge 75 

QKR Stampede ~ Challenge 458 

Love to Craft - Challenge 72  

Crafter's Cafe ~ Challenge 292 

A Perfect Time to Craft ~ January

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Sky: YR65, E93, Y32, Hair: E41, E42, E43, Shirt: R27, R29, R37, B95, Jeans: B91, B93, B95,B97, Shoes: R27, R29, R36, N3, Sand: E30, E31, Water: B91, B93, B97, B63, B14, BG01, BG02

 

Products

Beccy's Place, Wetlands (2021) 




My Inspiration! 


5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous use of the image - love your 'inspiration' photo Pam, and the end result is stunning!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fab card Pam - you've really captured the spirit of the lake! Thanks for joining us at Love to Craft Challenge
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic Pam!! Although I did see your card already on Facebook, it's so much better to read the story that goes along with it... and even a photo! Fabulous card and wonderful inspiration.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lake scene, Pam. Very creative! He looks as though he's driving the boat remotely. Thanks for providing the creative process as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I see your inspiration is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete