Saturday, January 28, 2023

Paper Weaving ~ Valentine Wishes

Valentine cards are such fun to make and today's Polkadoodles challenge for the design team is to add paper weaving.

  I've selected the True Love image along with the Heart Flourish Die



 After Copic coloring the image I fussy cut as close to the image as I could but also left an area at the bottom for 'grounding' the image. 

  For my 'paper ribbon weaving' down the left side, I used a solid mint green and a striped patterned sheet from the Fresh Twist paper pack. I also used the mint green for the 6" square card front.  I used a deep red cardstock for the Heart Flourish die and positioned it as close to the top right as possible. then I secured the couple in front of the heart die.   For the sentiment,  I cut apart one of the prints from the Love  Always Sentiment set.  Lastly I added the coordinating red organza bow.  

Happy Valentine Wishes to you!  

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog.  Don't forget to check out all of the Design Team's cards on the Polkadoodles Challenge Blog and enter your cards too! 

 I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge ~ January  

Cut It Up ~ Challenge 270 ~ Love 

Festive Friday ~ challenge 0126 ~ National Wear Red Day (Red, Ribbon, Weaving, Square)

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 486 ~ Celebrations  

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 648 

Tic-Tac-Toe ~ Challenge 194 (Die Cut, Heart, Patterned Paper)

 

Pam's Pearls


Copics

Her: Hair: E44, E43, E42, E41, Dress: R37, R35, R17, Boots, N7, N5, N3
Him: Hair: B41, N7, N5, N3, Shirt: BG23, BG11, Pants, W4, W3, W2, Shoes: N7, N5, N3

Products








8 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Pam - love the 'ribbon' weaving you have used
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling just darling. That weaving is really really nice. Fantastic fussy cutting
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image and the paper weaving is a wonderful addition. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up LOVE challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! I love it! This is a perfect card for Valentine's Day or an Anniversary! Great job! I love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the paper weaving is new to me, love the completed look! Adorable card! Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable and so pretty!! Your image is very sweet and the paper weaving adds a fun touch! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card si so adorable. I love how you put in the sentiments among the weaving. Brilliant. I Thanks for joining us in the Festive Friday Challenge,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the paper weaving on your cute card and the way the sentiment is interspersed down it. Thank you for linking up to the Festive Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete