Monday, January 9, 2023

It's Time to Start Something New ~ Growing in Unity 2023 Day 1

This morning I'd like to welcome the new friends from Unity Stamps who will be following my Growing in Unity posts this week.  I am very honored to have been selected for 2023!  I have to admit, when the list came out on 12/12/22, my excitement of seeing my name quickly turned to 'What? Second week in January! Oh my!'  My husband had just had shoulder surgery five days before and I certainly wasn't even ready for Christmas!  Amazingly everything has fallen into place as he's doing great post surgery, Santa did arrive, and my cards were completed before the new year began. 

I think we all reflect a lot in January... about what we could've, would've, should've done last year... or all the goals for things we'd like to do for 2023. This week I'll be focusing on two things that brought me to Unity Stamps many years ago.  I've always been a fan and collector of 'Angie Girls' and the positive sentiments that encourage girls and women to believe in themselves.  I hope you'll stop in each day to enjoy what I've made for this week.  Don't forget to comment for your chance to be one of my two winners of the Unity $20 gift certificates. 

For Day 1 I've selected 'Start Something New' by Angie Blom. She's the perfect encouragement to many of us to push us past that first step of doing something different in our lives.  If it's time, you will know it and you will be amazed how much happier you will be!



I've used the girl image and the sentiment from this package.    After stamping them on Neenah 110# cardstock, I used Copic markers for coloring.   For the background, I used a bookshelf image from a coloring book.  I scanned it, sized it to fit my stamped images and also colored it with Copic markers after printing.

I used the Gina Marie Designs Label Six to die cut the completed girl image and also the sentiment.  On the bookcase, I trimmed the image leaving about 1/8" on the sides and top and about 3/4" on the bottom.

For the card base, I cut the dark blue cardstock 
in half at 4 1/4" on the short side, making the base 4 1/4" x 11".  I secured the girl image close to the edge on the right end. Then I fussy cut around the right half of the image.   Next I added the sentiment on the left side of the image.  Then I was able to make my fold line about 1/2" to the left of the sentiment.    This fold allows for the back to be longer so the inside image can be seen with the card folded.  It's easy then to place the bookshelf inside at whatever point 'looks right' behind the girl, and then secure it.  If you have excess to the right of the inside image, trim it away leaving about 1/4" to 1/2" border. 

Lastly I added the organza ribbon at the fold with a Heart charm tied in at the knot.   I also added a strip of white cardstock on the inside left (behind the girl) for writing.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beyond the Blue ~ Challenge BB77 ~ Something New 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 99 ~ Not a Square 

Little Red Wagon ~ New Beginnings 2023 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 57-578 

Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 163  

Unity Stamp Growing  in Unity

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Inside: Books W3, Y02, YR23, YR27, N7, N4, E70, E73, Shelf: E25

Front: Jeans: B93, B95, B97, Shirt: BG45, BG49, YR02, Shoes: BG45, N3, Hair: B41, N3, N4, N6, N7, N0

 

Products 

Unity Stamps, Start Something New

Coloring Page, Bookshelf








33 comments:

  1. Nice card. I like the addition of the little charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats and enjoy your week! Off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card... what a great start to your GIU week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love all your added features.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card-really like the colors. I have always liked and have wanted this stamp. Might just have to have it for the new year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and this stamp. It reminds me of my granddaughter who loves to read. I also like the coloring page you used for the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your card! So creative with all your combining of different things!! You are really good with the Copics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Cannot wait to see the rest of your week! Love the addition of the charm! I have a ton of charms and always forget about adding them!
    Jenni Shamblin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam, happy new year. Love the card. The fancy partial mats are a lovely feature. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great 'theme' you have chosen for this week. I am a huge fan of the Angie Girls, too. Really, who isn't?!!! lol This is a fabulous card and I love how you combined the GMD bookshelf with the Unity image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful, and I love how you added the bookshelf!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! This is one of my favorite Angie girls as I love books! Excited to see what you share this week! -Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!
    Karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  14. Man what a great card!!!!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man what a great card !!!
    Karlé Blahut xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful coloring and I love the creative card design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pam this one of my favorite Angie girls and I love the bookcase you have behind her! Wonderful card!!! I also appreciate your challenge to uplift others, a truly worthy goal!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this and your detailed blog. Can’t wait to watch your week unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card and what a great sentiment /quote..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the way you colored the image! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! I look forward to seeing the rest of your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card! One of my favorite Angie Girls. Love the addition of the bookshelf. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You really thought outside the box with this card! Great elements that all come together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful card. I'm partial to cards with readers/books. This is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card! I love that image and the sentiment even more. I have afeeling my wish list at Unity is going to be growing! Thanks so much for sharing! (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}</a

    ReplyDelete
  26. A beautifully coloured image Pam, and I love how you have mounted it on the shaped front to show off the bookshelf.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card! Love this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice card! I am looking forward to see what other cards you make.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a fabulous design! Love that bookish girlie! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Beyond the Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  30. She is beautifully colored and I love the frontside cutout!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a cute card! Reminds me of my bookworm daughter😊

    ReplyDelete