Thursday, January 12, 2023

God is Within Her ~ Growing in Unity 2023 Day Four

For my posting on day four in Growing in Unity I've selected Angie Girl ~ Cecelia Girl.  I've added the cross image from Unity's Kit of the Month 03/20, Spring & Things, as well as the sentiment. 


Having faith and believing in the power of prayer is huge in our daily lives and self esteem. Keeping God in the center of your life and the center of your family gives you purpose, guidance and confidence as you grow.   This sentiment verse from the book of Psalms is one of my favorites. 

I have a couple of techniques to share with you also today.  I hope they will be new to you and useful in your card making. 

I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Neenah 110# cardstock.  Everyone has their favorite paper for Copic coloring and this one is mine.   Using my Misti I placed Cecelia at the bottom with the 'line of grass'  close to the left edge.  Then I added the cross to the right and at the top edge of the paper. Using Momenta ink, I stamped the images like normal.  However I LEFT THE SHEET of IMAGES in the Misti and left the stamps on the top plate.  It was a little awkward, but I colored the stamped images while they were there, in the Misti.  When I completed the coloring, then I reinked the stamps using VERSA CLAIR Nocturne ink and stamped over the colored images. Wow!  Look at the difference adding the top layer of ink defines the image.  


If you're going to try this technique, just be sure you are through coloring if using Copics as adding the Versa Clair and then coloring will smear.

The second technique I want to share is useful for adding your sentiments.  Using Unity stamps or any rubber stamp, it's hard to know if you have it exactly in the right place.  How many times have you stamped it straight in the Misti but wished it had been a little higher, lower or to the side?  A few I'm sure.

For this you would use your Misti or other stamping platform and have your image securely held down.  Then take a small piece of acetate being sure it's larger than the sentiment stamp, and placing over the area where you want the sentiment to go. Be sure to put a magnet on this piece also. Next line up your sentiment stamp, just as you would normally, ink it up and stamp ON THE ACETATE. 


Ta-Da - now you can see exactly where your image is going to be.  You can wipe the ink off the acetate and shift your stamp, reink and check it again.  Once you have it 'right', just remove the acetate and stamp 'for real'.  Isn't this a great stress reliever! 

Now that my image is complete, I selected a rose patterned paper for the matting and then used the Tattered Lace Hemstitch Square die for the edges of the colored image and the matting. Then I secured the colored image in the center of the matting cardstock. 

I wanted to make Cecelia into an Easel card, so I cut the sky blue cardstock 6" x 12".  The fold lines are at 6" and 9", folding inward at the 9" and again at 6".  The matted image is secured to the end flap (3" x 6") on the outside of the paper.  This puts half the image secured and the top half open. 

For the bottom flap, I cut a piece of green cardstock 3" x 6" and die cut it also with the same set.  After securing this to the bottom inside of the card base.  I added the green mini washi tape along with the enameled 'Faith' tag about 1" from the top of the green piece.  The tag will act as the card stop for the easel. 




Don't forget to comment on today's card for your chance at winning one of the two $20 Gift Certificates from Unity Stamps.  Be sure to leave your name as many comments are coming in as 'Anonymous'. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Hand Stamped Sentiments ~ Challenge 405 

Crafty Calendar ~ Add a Sentiment  

Use Your Stuff ~ Faux or Real Stitching 

Secret Stamper ~ Challenge 48 ~ Fun Fold  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 577-578

Pam's Pearls 

Copics 

Cecelia Girl: Hair: YR21, YR24, YR27, E39, Dress: BG02, BG05, BG0000, Grass: YG61, YG63

Cross: Roses: Y11, Y15, Y17, Leaves, YG61, YG63, YG93, YG95, Shadow, W3 

Products

 









  


29 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this one Pam - a beautiful focal image in Cecelia, and gorgeously supplemented with the cross and scripture. Altogether an exquisite card. Thank you for your tips also.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just awesome - from the "fancy fold" to the little acetate trick - great job!
    -Amber T (Forever Amber's Art)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning easel card Pam with a beautiful stamped image coloured to perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous. I love this girl with the cross and the verse from the Psalms. Thanks for the acetate tip. Great idea. -Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a pretty card. Thanks for sharing tips. I use acetate to line my sentiments also.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful easel card! Your coloring on the image is lovely. Thank you for playing at Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you combined the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely card. You do such a good job coloring! Where would we be without prayer?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This beautiful card inspires me! I need to ink up Cecilia! Your coloring is perfect! Great tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Above anonymous comment by Cat Valdez

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely easel card design, Pam. Thanks so much for sharing at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely coloring Pam and such an appropriate sentiment! Beautiful!!😊🌸

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favorite Angie Girls because my Mom's name was Cecelia. And you have colored her so beautifully. And my mom's favorite color and flower was a yellow rose! lol So yes, I am totally in love with this beauty. I love that you made it an easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! I've used the acetate tip for sentiments also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! I love that Angie gril image ... another added to my wish list! Thanks for sharing! (Hugs) Cara
    My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I have not tried to stamp after coloring with Copics and will definitely use that idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely easel card! Beautiful coloring of the images!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card. I use the that tip to when stamping

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have done such a wonderful job combining various stamps. Thanks for the great tips.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a gorgeous card and I love the way it can be displayed too. Your tip with acetate is so helpful as well. Love this amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to try that coloring the image in my Misti so I can restamp. Especially with watercolor! I use that acetate trick every single day to make sure I have my sentiments lined up correctly!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful Pam! I love easel cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A beautiful card and great tips. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great crafting tips and a lovely card - the stitching finishes it perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. A beautiful easel card, Pam. Thank you for joining in the Craft Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete