Monday, January 2, 2023

Deepest Sympathy

Happy New Year from Jan's Digital Stamps and her Design Team!  Today we are opening the January Challenge blog and showcasing several of Jan's new images.

For my card of inspiration, I've selected Lovin' Lily of the Valley.  This set includes the flowers and the paneled frame in the background. 


 When I started this card, I only intended to use the flower spray.  I sized and printed it and I also printed the window design.  I had seen a fellow card maker using a stained glass die on several cards and I loved how she'd completed her cards.  But that was a die and this was an image.  

After I finished the flowers, I was still trying to figure out how to use that window.  When in doubt - check Pinterest, right?  I seriously went for pages and pages and nothing even remotely resembling what my brain was looking for.  Then I happened to see a Copic tutorial on gray shading.  That was it!  A technique I'd never done and knew it would give me a great window.  

Of course mine looks nothing like hers did nor did I color it the same way. However I really like how it turned out.  Basically you use 3-4 shades of gray and color all the panes the same direction, dark to light - blending well as you go.  Then you 'color over' with the shades you need.  I'm sure this would work on lots of images other than window panes.  

Once I completed all the coloring, I carefully trimmed around the outside frame and secured it on the woodgrain cardstock. I added several foam dots under the top of the flower bouquet and secured it at the base.  This adds dimension to the card design.  Lastly I added the Deepest Sympathy tag at the stems of the flowers along with one tiny black enameled dot.

Don't forget to check out all the Design Team cards and join us on Jan's Challenge Blog.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 575 

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 484  

Creatalicious ~ Challenge 250  

A Perfect Time to Craft ~ January (Spotlight Winner)

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge ~ #12

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Rose: R81, R83, R85, Lily of the Valley: B00, B000, V000, Large Leaves: YG91, YG93, YG95, Small leaves: G40, G43, G46, Stems: Olive Multiliner, Around: V0000

Window: Frame: E27, Gray shading C4, C2, C1, C0, Colors: Y11, BG11, BV01, B0000, R81

 

Products  



Jan's Digital Stamps, Lovin' Lily of the Valley


 

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous coloring and shading! Thanks for a wonderful team project for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a Wow card! Literally that’s what I said out loud when I seen it. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So THAT is how you accomplished those amazing windows, Pam! Mystery solved! And this was your first try? Really beautiful, and something I would never have thought of. Thanks for the tutorial and the lovely artwork!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, your windows are fantastic, thanks for explaining how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing window Pam - love that technique for colouring glass! A beautiful spray also, which all adds up to a serene and beautiful card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enchanting card, Pam! Beautiful coloring not to forget the stained window effect. Thank you for showcasing "Lovin' Lily of the Valley" on your serene creation and that you are sharing it with others makes my heart smile.
    Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. Perfect for a sympathy card. Great coloring. Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete