Sunday, January 1, 2023

A Cup of Tea

I'm back this afternoon with another Design Team posting.  Morgan's ArtWorld's Challenge Blog is now open for the month of January.  

I'm joining my Design Team members there with several beautiful cards using Morgan's Art.  I've selected Fairy Wishes for my project card. I hope this represents your quiet New Year's Day afternoon - relaxed and enjoying the first day of 2023!



 When I received this image I fell in love with the head full of curls!  With lots of 'red-heads' in my family, that's what I wanted to do  ~ deep auburn red hair.  I sized the image to just under 4" and used my Copic markers for the coloring.  All the many layers were lots of fun to color.  Don't you just love the expression on her face as she's gazing into her tea cup. 

The color I picked for her dress is one of my favorites also.  But there's one problem using this shade - it's got to be the hardest (to me) to match paper too!  The paper is always too purple or too blue.  I'm sure you can relate! 

But in a box of specialty paper a friend had gifted me, I found the perfect match with this metallic shiny paper.  However the glossy finish made it hard to get the image to stick to the mat.  After gently wiping the glue off, I used an old scrapbooking trick.  It's usually used to save paper, but also a great way to secure images when the paper is slick. 

Simply die cut a much smaller die in the center of you paper/die shape.  This allows you to secure you image in the center and still have the slick frame or matting behind it.

I used a 6" white card base and covered it with the patterned paper, then added the image left of center. 


 I added a sentiment from one of my coffee/tea stamp sets and then added the lavender organza bow at the fold to complete my design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 245 

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 484 

The Paper Shelter ~ Christmas Break Chellenge 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 575

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Hair: YR21, YR24, YR27, E39, Dress: RV02, B60, B63, B66, Cup: G43, Flowers: RV93, Napkin: Y1, Y19, Wings: BV01, RV00, BG11, Around: BG10

 

Products







1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty, Pam. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I hope your 2023 is off to a great start. Please join us again soon. I always enjoy your wonderful cards and creativity.
    Blessings
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete