Monday, January 23, 2023

When Things Are Hard

This past weekend one of my girlfriends and I attended a crafting retreat in Virginia on Lake Gaston.  The entire trip was awesome to say the least.  In addition to lots of great food and a few extra pounds here and there, I was able to make just under 50 new cards!  It's such a joy to finally have time to ink up some of the stamps I've purchased.  I hope you'll enjoy me sharing these as much as I enjoyed making them. 

For today, I'm sharing 'Cactus Quotes' by Paper Rose.


 This was a little set with just the cactus and several sentiments.  This sentiment was my favorite, it's very powerful.    

To make this design, I stamped the set on Neenah 110# cardstock and used my Copic markers for coloring.  I used Gina Marie Designs Stitched Scallop Rectangle for the decorative edges on the image and the gray matting.  After securing all the layers on the card base, I added the three black enamel dots to complete the design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 198 ~ Conie Fong 

Corrosive Challenge ~ January 

Craft Rocket ~ Challenge 99 ~ Not a Square 

Papercraft Challenge ~ Challenge 90 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 579-580


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Cactus: BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99, Pot: YG23, YG24, YG27


Products  

 




6 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun with your girlfriends and I love this card
    Wow 50 cards !!!!!!! High 5
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Pam and a great sentiment to pair with that image. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. l love this, Pam. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. It always means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pam, a fun card with an Aussie stamp company! Love all the layers... Have a wonderful week... Megan in Aus

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card Pam - love that you kept it monochrome!! That certainly is a powerful quote! That is quite some total of cards for a weekend!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful sentiment and perfect motive. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete