Tuesday, January 17, 2023

A Wintery Hello

Today I'm sharing an image from Beccy's Place in a wintery greeting card.  I made this card for a January card swap, Use a Snowman". 

This image was a December freebie from Beccy and it's called Snowman with Bauble.  Since I didn't get to use this cutie for Christmas I added the 'Hello' sentiment over the bauble image before printing.



 I had decided to make a bookmarker with the snowman as I was designing, so when I printed it, it was almost 6" long.  It just didn't look like what I had envisioned so I switched to making a card.  

I also wanted to use the new Momenta Snowflake Edger die that I was gifted at Christmas.   Finding a strip of vellum near the die machine, I decided to try that and it cut beautifully.  

Using my Copic markers I colored the hat, scarf and buttons using B24, B23, B21 and then matched up the blue cardstock for the background.  The blue was perfect to show off the vellum and coordinated well with the Copic coloring but....  the die is for A2 sized cards so it was about and inch too short!  

Not to fret, an easy fix... add a couple of snowy drifts.  I used a stitched wavy line die and cut several so I'd have the right curves to nestle the sweet snowman in.  As you can see, I also added a little color to the edge of the snow using Copics B63 and B60. 

After laying everything out on my work space, I measured the size I needed for the base and then cut a heavyweight white cardstock piece to fit.  After securing each layer, I added Stickles 'Diamond' to the hat brim and ball to complete the card image. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

ABC Christmas Challenge ~ A=Anything 

Crafty Gals ~ Challenge 239 ~ Winter Fun  

Little Red Wagon ~ Challenge 687 ~ Baby It's Cold Outside (Top 3)

Cupcake Inspirational Challenge ~ #560 

Cutie Pie Challenge ~ #178 January Blues 

Dare 2B Artzy ~ January ~ Winter Fun 

Beccy's Place ~ January Challenge - Winner $20 Store Credit

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Snowman: R20, R21, B21, B23, B34 

Products

Snowman with Bauble (Beccy's Place~December Challenge)




 

9 comments:

  1. Cutest snowman ever! ...and the snowflakes cut from vellum are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is darling, Pam! Especially with that sparkly fur, and snowflake background! Oh so CUTE!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Pam, love the snowflake die you used. You did a great job accounting for the difference in size, I really like the snow drifts. The little "hello" sign is wonderful too, a really nice way to use a Christmas image for a non-Christmas card. Lovely!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable snowman! Isn't it amazing how you get an image of what you think your card (or bookmark) will look like in your head, but it just doesn't turn out that way? You did an amazing job turning it into a wonderful card. Thank you for sharing and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How CUTE!! I love that vellum snowflake die cut behind that adorable snowman!! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge this week!!

    Nora
    CIC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little snowman is so cute and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card and I love the snowflake background!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Chrismas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie!! thank you so much for sharing with the Cutie Pies. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete