Friday, March 22, 2024

Sending Smiles Across the Miles

Today I'm posting with the All Dressed Up Digital Stamps Design Team as we bring you more inspirational cards with this month's new images.  

My selected image is Daisy, this cute little pigtailed girl just swinging all her cares away! 



The long slenderness of this image would be perfect for a slimline or mini slimline card, which is where I started. But we all know we don't always end up where we start when we make a card!

I sized Daisy to just over 4" tall and printed her on 110# Neenah cardstock.  After coloring her with Copic markers, I used a cloud stencil and Quick Quotes Royal Blue Inking Chalk to add in the cloud background.  I selected the Momenta Nesting Notched Rectangle Slimline dies to maintain the slender design for cutting the image and the coordinating magenta mat.  I also used Copic BG05 to ink around the edge of the image to accent the edge of the colored image.  

At this point I came across the 'daisy' flowered background paper and decided to go with the larger card base rather than a slimline.  This also allowed me to use the sentiment from Taylored Expressions Friendship Strips, which I also mounted on the magenta cardstock.  Lastly I added the navy organza ribbon and bow to the card at the top fold to complete the Design Team card. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

Be sure to see all the All Dressed Up cards and join the challenge HERE.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Stencil Fun ~ March Challenge ~ Easter/Spring   

Farm Quest ~ Challenge 14 

Sheepski Designs ~ Challenge 84 

The Crafting Challenge ~ March ~ Spring is in the Air  


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Limb: E70, E71, E74, Leaves: YG63, Swing: E13, E15, Robe: E19, Daisy: YR21, YR24, Outfit: BG02, BG05, R81, R83, R85, Glass: YG63, YG67, Hair: E41, E42, E43

 

 

Products


 



 

4 comments:

  1. This is very nice
    So pretty xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this little girl's romper and boots as if she's been stomping in mud puddles and wandering around the farm all day! The daisy print paper adds to the country outdoor setting for the rope swing image. Super cute! Thanks for sharing at FarmQuest General Store for anything farm or country goes topics! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful image and so prettily coloured and used on this fabulous card Pam. Love your result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable whimsical little girl image! It brings back wonderful memories! I love your coloring and the patterned paper you chose is perfect. The added bow is a wonderful addition to the card!

    ReplyDelete