Tuesday, March 19, 2024

During this Difficult Time

For today's card I've used Whimsy's Cardinal by Artist Jennifer Dove.   Here at the lake, we love to hear and see so many cardinals at our bird feeders while many always think of angels and loved ones when they see this beautiful bright bird.



 When I colored him I had not planned to use this card for a sympathy card.  But when a friend suddenly lost her husband of 40 years, I knew this was the one I wanted to share with her.

After Copic coloring the cardinal, I used a Notched Rectangle die set for the image and the matting.  I inked the edge of the image using Copic marker E57 and then secured both pieces to the A2 card base.  

The stamped sentiments are from the Taylored Expressed Simple Sentiment Strips, Sympathy set.   Next I added the red organza ribbon at the top fold and included the Jesus fish in the knot to complete the card design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

A Perfect Time to Craft ~ March Challenge  

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 81  

Critter Crazy - Challenge 84  

Daisy Chain ~ Challenge 83 ~ Animals  

FarmQuest ~ Challenge #14  

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Cardinal: R17, R27, R37, R39, YR23, YR24, YR27, N5, Branch: E27, E25, E23, Around image: B0000

Products


 

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately you had to use it for a sympathy card
    But it is gorgeous for sure xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at FarmQuest General Store for anything farm and/or country goes! Lots of cardinals seen throughout the year here in north central Illinois, too. Beautifully crafted card, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, birds are my favorite animal. I can watch them for hours. Sympathy cards are the hardest to make. Good that you had the image already done. I love the added Jesus fish. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I feel sure that it will have given your friend some comfort.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Critter Crazy Challenge.
    Anne -CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete