Monday, March 25, 2024

Masculine Sympathy

Today's card image is from Whimsy Stamps, another by artist Jennifer Dove image, this one is Woodland Ducks.

I've admired this stamp many times and shied away from coloring it because of the level of detail. Yet each spring, these beautiful ducks are right here in the cove of the lake outside our home.  Finally I decided to take my time and give them a try. 


 I've been Copic coloring now for about eight years and that by no means makes me an expert. I am my worse critic and you probably are yours too.  I color because it is my joy and to not color an image because it's too hard or too detailed  - I just know better. 

These came out just like they were suppose to - original work by me.  Are they perfect? Nope but this card was filled with love and prayers as it was mailed to the family that lost their loved one.  The important part is finish the card and mail it.   Don't let receiving handmade cards become a dying art.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Alphabet Challenge ~ Z = Zoology ~~ Study of Animals  ~ Top 3

Creative Inspiration ~ Challenge 12  

Time Out ~ Challenge 259 ~ Birds of a Feather  Honorable Mention

Paper Shelter  ~ March ~ Challenge 588 ~ For the Boys  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 639-640

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Back Duck: BG75, BG78, E41, E42, E43, E57, Front Duck: BG78, BG75, BG18, BG11, YR18, E57, E23, E25, E19, YR24, YR23, C5, N0, Water: B91, B95, BG11

 

Products 




9 comments:

  1. A beautiful result Pam - well done. Sympathy cards are difficult to make, and you have made a lovely card here
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great job coloring these birds
    Jist beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring breathes beautiful life into the woodland ducks. A lovely, touching card in every way. Thrilled to see your creativity in the Just Us Girls + Time Out galleries.
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job coloring! It takes a lot of time, but the results are worth it. And I agree, it's just something to do for the joy it brings, doesn't have to be perfect! Great card, thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely coloring of the image and mounted perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Pam. You captured the color of those ducks perfectly. They remind me of the trio of Mallards that come to our door most days for lunch or supper. Thanks for sharing this work of art with us at the Just Us Girls/Time Out collaboration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fabulous job. Remember - art isn't about perfect!
    Thank-you for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our FOR THE BOYS CHALLENGE and good luck with your entry.
    DT Nicola (Amethyst Lily Designs )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sympathy card and your coloring is wonderful in my eyes. Thank you for joining us at Time Out Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These mallard ducks are lovely and I can't see any fault in your colouring - but as you say, we often are our own severest critics and shouldn't let that stop us from making and sending a handmade card! Esp as a handmade sympathy card can bring such comfort at a really difficult time!
    Thanks for entering your beautiful feathered friends into our collaboration challenge at Time Out Challenges and JUGS!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete