Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Forever in Love

Today's card is a beautiful double rose image from Altenew's, Forever In Love set.  

Although the finished card could be used for many occasions, this card was made for our dear friend Beverly following the loss of her husband recently.



I selected this double rose and the sentiment 'Forever' to honor their love and dedication to each other, their Christian walk that was shown brightly each day and the recently celebration of their 50th wedding anniversary. 


 The lovely Altenew image is stamped on 110# Neenah cardstock and colored with Copic markers. After selecting the solid green mat, I used My Favorite Things, Elegant Rectangle Stax die set for cutting both.  The background green patterned cardstock paper is embossed using Spellbinders Beautiful Blooms Embossing Folder.  The 'Forever' die is also cut out of the solid hunter green cardstock.

I used a 6" square card base and secured the layers as shown in the photo.  For the final touch I added the light pink organza ribbon across the top and a cross charm in the knot to the left and three tiny pearls around the completed image. 

The card is filled with love and prayers for our sweet friend.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Beautiful Blossoms ~ February Challenge  

Creations in Pink ~ Challenge 67  

Stamping Sensation ~ March Challenge  

We Love to Stamp (UK) ~ March - Feminine 

Simon Says Stamps - Monday Challenge ~ Bright & Cheerful

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Leaves: YG67, YG63, YG61, G21, Roses: R56, R85, R83, R81 

Products 







9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card for your friend, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and thoughtful card to comfort your friend. Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card. I am sorry your card will not be in the Draw as there is not enough Pink. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card for your friend which I am sure she will treasure. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card for your friend and I'm certain she found comfort in it. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Classic Design Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowerstamp. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!
    I hope your friend takes comfort in it.
    So pretty!
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - I'm sure the card was appreciated.

    Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete