Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Sweater Weather

Today's card is a super easy one yet I had so much fun making NINE of them!  Most of the ladies I met at Stamp Camp back in July live in the northern part of the US, so I thought sending them a little 'Warm Christmas Wishes' would be very appropriate. 



I started by using the Sizzix, Folk Art Pattern 3D Embossing folder and 5" x 7" panels of green card stock.  I also cut the card bases out of heavy cardstock to support the weight of the card.   After securing the embossed piece on the front, I used several heavy weight glue dots to attach the sweater securely to the front of the card base.  You can see I had to tuck the arms in close - they wanted to stick straight out! 

I used different sentiment strips from the Taylored Expressions Simple Sentiments - Christmas set for the cards.  For each one, I added a strip of fun foam to the back before attaching to the card.   While the card is quite thick and overweight with this 'ugly' sweater, it was okay as I had a few other surprises to go in the package too.  The sweater served as great padding!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Cards Galore Encore ~ December Challenge  

12 Months of Christmas ~ Challenge 107  

Four Seasons ~ December ~ Winter  

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 





 

4 comments:

  1. Such a 'fun' card Pam - that sweater is so ugly it's beautiful, and you have done a wonderful job of using it on this card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ladies I an sure loved this xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun design, love the holiday jumper and that embossed background is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How super fun and creative, Pam. I've never seen anything like it. Thank you for sharing this amazing card with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete