Saturday, December 30, 2023

In Times Of Sadness

It always seems to happen.  Just when everyone is having a lot of fun celebrating the Christmas season, a family member or close friend passes unexpectantly.

While we are grateful for our time with them here on earth, it brings sorrow to our hearts and sadness in our lives.

One of the best things we can do is send one of our handmade cards, which isn't always easy either.  For my last time of need, I found this image from the  Seasonal Window Digital Stamp Set by Beccy's Place.



 

I sized it to just under 5" tall and layered the computer generated sentiment, 'In Times of Sadness'.   After printing I completed all the coloring with Copic markers. 

I used Penny Black's Elegant Stitching for the die cut edge and added a gray matting which I die cut also.   I secured each layer to the standard A2 size card base to complete the card design.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Beccy's Place ~ December Challenge 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Annual Hop  

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 268  

My Time to Craft ~ Challenge 524 ~ Sympathy 

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 696

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Brick: E07, E08, E09, E13, E19, Glass: C4, Snow: B60, Candle Glow: Y11, Y15, Window Edge: C6  


Products 




6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Pam. Beccy's lovely window scene is perfect for the occasion. Great coloring and framing. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, Your Card is beautiful, and I am sorry for your loss, there is just never a good time when we have to say goodbye. I pray the Lord comforts you. Thank you for entering the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's difficult to lose loved ones at any time of the year Pam, but even more so at Christmas when we're supposed to be enjoying each other's company. My deepest sympathies to you and yours. I'm sure the beautiful card you created will be much appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Beccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful image with the candle in the window. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Pam - love the colours you have used and that lovely image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done, coloring is great too, thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete