Monday, December 4, 2023

A Good Man

For today's card, I thought I'd start the week on something other than Christmas.  Although I still have many more to share with you!

This one is from Unity Stamps, and is part of the March 2023 Kit of the Month, A Good Man & Some Butterflies.



 As with many of Unity Stamps sentiments - a few words with a very deep and true meaning!

I love that they have  elected to use combat boots, but I also believe this could be used for men we are proud of that are not part of our military servicemen.

After stamping the image with Memento ink, I stamped the sentiment with Versa Fine Clair ink.  I used Copic markers YG61, YG63, YG95 for coloring the boots and used Gina Marie Designs X-Stitched Rectangles for the edging on the image and the matting. 

Once I secured both images to the standard A2 card base I used several strands of green variegated yarn to make the web type topper.  This yarn was gifted to me and it has so  many beautiful shades that are wound throughout the threads. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Allsorts ~ Week 757 ~ Stitching  

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 267  

Simon Says Stamps ~ Wednesday Challenge #112  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 623 - 624

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome
    So so manly
    Love the knots throughout the string
    Great great job xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, great image and sentiment and the yarn is a perfect finishing touch. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great masculine card, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic male themed card love the image, added twine and the stitched dies a superb make thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete