Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Gone to the Lake!

I know I'm not the only one who loves 'life at the lake'!  When I was visiting Outer Banks, NC this past October, I purchased a Christmas ornament that had Santa's outfit hanging from a hanger and a sign, "Gone to the Beach, Love Santa".   I decided to use that idea to make one of my Stamp Camp friends Christmas card, knowing how much she enjoys her time sailing at the lake near her home.

Here's what I came up with ~ 



I started with the Altenew, From Land to Sea 3D Embossing Folder and inked about half of it with Memento Paris Dusk.  For the 'sand' side, I used Memento Toffee Crunch and 'swiped' across the rest of my 6" piece of cardstock.  Then I trimmed it down to 5 1/2" square.

After adding the navy mat to the 6" card base, I added this piece to the base before decorating.  

My first attempt at attaching the suit to the hanger, I used the smaller wooden clothes pins. I quickly saw the suit was too thick for those tiny clips!  This medium size worked much better.  I used several  heavy weighted glue dots to secure the suit to the card front.  The sentiment was computer generated and I used a standard tag die.  The holly is added at the tag and also at the bottom left corner. 

Just as a side note - the tag can be removed along with the suit, hung on the back of the hanger, and then hung on her tree as an ornament. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Crafting from the Heart ~ Challenge 8  

Ave 613 ~ December Challenge  

My Time to Craft ~ Challenge 75 ~ Christmas Holiday

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 



2 comments:

  1. I really like this and your friend will too
    I love that water, different look xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Pam, and great inspiration for an alternative style of Christmas card - ideal for friends from Down Under, where we have a summer Christmas :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete