Tuesday, December 12, 2023

A Warm Birthday Hug!

Today is one of my crafty friends birthday, and I'm sharing the card I made for her special day.  

For her card, I've used Angie Blom's Digital image,  'A Warm Hug'.



I sized the image to fit an A2 sized card and printed it on 110# Neenah card stock.  I used my Copic markers for the coloring and have referenced them below. 

I stamped the sentiment separately with Versa Clair ink and then used My Favorite Things Arched Elegance die set to cut the completed image and the sentiment tag.  

After selecting the dark blue paper for the background, I used Stamping Up Decorative Dots embossing folder to get the 'raised dot' pattern.  I secured the background to the card front, then added the completed image to the left side.  I added adhesive foam to the back of the sentiment  and carefully used Copic B97 to 'edge' the sentiment tag for contrast.  Then I secured the sentiment to the right and center of the image, overlapping it slightly.

This completed my design and off the card went to NC for Trisha's Birthday!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

AAA Birthday ~ Game 56 ~ Add a Tag  

Crafters Cafe ~ Challenge 303 ~ Feminine  

Krafty Chicks ~ Challenge 693  


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Blanket: R56, RV95, V95, V93, V91, Shirt: R81, R83, R85, Jeans: B91, B93, B95, B97, Book: E70, E18, Shoes: E23, E25, Shadow: W3  


Products  



 

6 comments:

  1. This is a very nice and touching card
    Gives a warm feeling xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a comforting birthday card, Pam. Love the arched die with Angie's image! I'm sure your friend enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and great card. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks stamping challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Card with the use of sentiment as tag!! Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

    ReplyDelete