Friday, December 29, 2023

Once Upon a Dream...

I hope each of you have had a wonderful Christmas holiday full of blessings and special family times.  Our family time was very nice this year with lots of attention spent around our 17 month old great granddaughter.  You can image the things she was able to get into and the adorable photos I was able to capture!   I've enjoyed a few days off now from blogging every day also.  But it's time to get back and focus on the new year that is about to land upon us. 

Today I wanted to share another special baby girl's event with her family.  My friend's granddaughter, Little Olivia turned 3 months old Wednesday.  She has commissioned me to make a card each month for her and her Mom for the first year.  I recently found out they are using all of the Disney Princesses for her photo shoots each month, which is an awesome idea!

December was Princess Aurora.  This baby has been a dream come true for this family.  Here's the card I made for Olivia's three month birthday using a baby version of the Disney Princess.  




To make this card, I used a digital version of the Disney baby princess and sized her to about 3" tall.  I layered Olivia's name closely under the image and also printed the sentiment in a separate area.

After printing, I used Copic markers for coloring and then used Penny Black's Elegant Stitching for the die cut edge.  

The standard A2 card base is covered with a magenta glitter paper matting, followed by the yellow liner matting and the completed image.  Once they were secured, I added the tag cut sentiment to the left corner of the image to complete the card design. 

I wonder what Princess will be next month?  I hope you'll come back to see.

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Crafty Addicts ~ Challenge 8  

Word Art Wednesday ~ Annual Blog Hop 

Dream Valley ~ Challenge 306 

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends ~ Challenge 220

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Crown: Y26, Y28, R83, Hair: Y06, Y21, E42, Eyes, B23, B28, C7, Blanket: Y15, V91, V93, V95, Dress, N1, R81, R83, R85, R56, Shoes: R83, R56

 

 


 

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable
    So very cute and great coloring
    A card each month, that is exciting to do. Can't wait to see them all xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Pam. Lovely coloring of the image. I'm sure your friend will love this. Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, a gorgeous card for baby Olivia, love the sparkly layer behind the image. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Wishing you a Happy and Crafty New Year, looking forward to seeing your entries again in 2024.... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card Pam. That must be one special wee baby.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Addicts Challenge Blog.
    Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete