Saturday, December 23, 2023

Friends Through Every Season

Today's card image is from Stamping Bella named Winter Friends featuring the Bundle Girls.

I love this sweet Bundle Girl winter image.  For this occasion, I used this as a Birthday/Christmas card combo.  Yes, sometimes those December birthdays get shorted don't they!




 

After stamping the image on 110# Neenah card stock, I used my Copic markers for coloring.  I wanted to use colors in the Christmas family but not the normal red and green combinations.   For the girl on the left I selected R20 - R24 and the girl on the right BG49, BG57, and BG23.  Of course I alternated those colors on the scarves.  For the berries and holly I did stay 'traditional' and used R46 and YG63/YG61.  For the snow mounds, I drew across the lines with B63 pulling down and then repeated using B60.

For the decorative edge I used Spellbinders Labels 15 and highlighted the edge with Copic R24.  I had already selected my hunter green card base and the brown patterned paper for the background matting.  After stamping the sentiment I realized it wasn't going to fit beside the image, but needed to overlap.  Overlapping the 'white on white' didn't work and I certainly didn't want to cover up the berry tree.  I found a scrap of brown that matched closely to the background paper and carefully added a partial mat (only to the left side where it's on the image) behind the sentiment.  Perfect - that gave it the contrast it needed.  Lastly I tied a mint ribbon at the fold and knotted it to the right.  No room for a bow on this one! 

This one went to my Florida friend Linda as TODAY is her Birthday! 

Happy Birthday LINDA! Have a Blessed 

and Merry Christmas!

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Cardz4galz ~ Challenge 214 ~ Christmas Card 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Annual Blog Hop  

Cards Galore Encore ~ December  

Pinspirational Challenge ~ December  

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 

Stamping Bella, Bundle Girls Winter Friends



7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Pam - love you colour choices and stunning colouring
    Christmas blessings to you and yours
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card will touch your friend right in the heart. Colors are perfect 👌 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this card! Perfect colors. What a Warm Blessing for both my birthday and Christmas. Thank You, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, Pam. Lovely coloring of the sweet image. Thank you so much for sharing at Word Art Wednesday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful creation that you shared with us at C4Galz, a great job at coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a brilliant card! I love the colors you used!

    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    ~ DT Dagmara

    ReplyDelete