Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Our Souls Blossom

Recently one of my hometown girlfriends lost her mother after a long battle with dementia.  It is such a sad disease to watch your loved one not know the simplest of things while their body remains healthy.  I so very much admire my friend for ensuring that no matter what happened she kept her mother at home in the surroundings she knew.  She was an 'Earth Angel' like no other, a dedicated daughter until the end. 

I picked these beautiful Morning Glories for her card from Paper Trey Ink, honoring Ms. Ginger as she woke to a beautiful new morning in heaven. 


 I stamped the image and used Copic markers for coloring.  Then I used the Tattered Lace Nested Beaded Chain for the decorative edge.  After adding to the green patterned matting, I added the floral stem on the right side and the tiny enamel dots.  

The sentiment is from the same package and to me speaks of the knowledge our parents give us.  We should be grateful always and enjoy our parents while we have them here with us. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Paper Minutes ~ Challenge 824 ~ Sayings  

A Perfect Time To Craft ~ December  

Beautiful Blossoms ~ November Challenge 

Crafter's Cafe ~ Challenge 303 ~ Feminine 

Word Art Wednesday ~ Week 625-626

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Products 





3 comments:

  1. Card is gorgeous
    Beautiful coloring xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, was für eine schöne Karte. Danke, dass du sie bei Paperminutes zeigst.

    LG Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Condolences to you and your friend on the passing of her mother. You've created such a sweet and comforting card, thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete