Saturday, December 16, 2023

Merry and Bright

Our Polkadoodles Design Team challenge for today was to use a Winter Rainbow with a given color palette.   For my card, I've selected two images from the Jolly Santa Christmas Collection and made the Christmas Tree in the Rainbow colors. 

I started by selecting just the tree from the Santa Tree package and then separately printed the Santa Banner image.  



After coloring both, I fussy cut the Santa Banner out and secured him below and to the left of the tree on the card front panel.  I drew in the additional 'snow bank' lines and added the patchwork on Santa's scarf.  I used a tiny circle stamp from the Polkadoodles Baubles and Banners stamps set to make the falling snow. 

When complete, I added the coordinating dark pink mat and then secured both layers to the 5 1/2" top fold card base.  I added a little diamond Stickles on Santa's fur and then added the organza ribbon and tree charm to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

Passion for Markers ~ Week 719 ~ Mega Christmas  

The Most Magical Time of the Year ~ Challenge 15  

Creative Knockouts ~ Challenge 510 ~ Snow Much Fun  

Try it on Tuesday ~ Santa Claus is Coming to Town  

Just Add Ink ~ Challenge 683 ~ Presents & Tree

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

Rainbow Tree: RV02, RV01, V91, V93, V95, BG49, BG23, Y13, Y11, R85, R32, YR65, YR02, Scarf: BG49, R83, Santa, R85, R32, Santa Boots: BG49, BG23, Mittens: RV02, RV01, Fur: C2

 

Products 






discontinued

Color Palette Reference

 

6 comments:

  1. This is really cute
    I love how you turned a "circle" into snow ❄️
    The patchwork on the scarf is a nice unique touch
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A realy happy Santa card. Thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Santa is so playful, and I like how he makes such a fun holiday card. Thanks for sharing with us at TIOT, and I hope you have a great holiday too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and fun! Such a cute fun image and wonderful Tree embellishment. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I love the colours you chose! Thanks for playing along in our MEGA CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE at Passion for Markers!
    Good luck!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute! Charming colour combo! Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Markers and our mega challenge 2023. Hope to see you again during 2024!
    Love n hugs
    Marie, PFM DT

    ReplyDelete