Thursday, June 11, 2020

A 30 Second Hug

I have spent the last 2-3 hours of today enjoying a Copic coloring video by Crissy Armstrong.  The video was made in conjunction with the Whimsy Stamp Virtual Retreat this past weekend.  Crissy's Momma Penguin image was one of several freebies given to Whimsy's followers.

What a joy it was to color with my talented friend.  Each time I watch and listen to her I learn something new.  I am so grateful that she is so willing to teach others and share her talents.

Here is my completed card with a sentiment from Picket Fence.  Following the card, I'll share a few more images and information on my card. 


It's pretty intimidating to start coloring with a pro, but having watched Crissy's videos before, I knew she would take me and other right through the tough parts. 



Different Copic Colorist have their preference of paper, mine is Neenah 110# card stock.  

And away we go using Copic markers N9, N7, N5, N3, N1 and our blender pen.  


After all the highlights and deep shading were done, then we used YR30, YR31, YR14 and YR27 to color and shade the beak and feet.   Next the baby's blanket was done using YG11, YG13, YG93 and W2. 


For the cheeks, we puddled the blender and then did 2-3 quick flicks of R30. 

For the soft edges of the Momma Penguin's face and tummy, we used YR30 and E40.  

Then for the baby, we used N1 and N3 only. 

For grounding the image we used W2, W3 and BG93.


All of that took just over an hour!  Believe me, it was intense too! The background wasn't planned as part of the video, but with encouragement from the gallery, Crissy continued.

We started with the sky using B0000, B000 and B00, leaving space for our individual clouds.  We used C1 to add the shadows of the clouds.

With a few horizontal lines, we divided the sky, iceberg and water.  Next we colored the water using B91, B93, B95, B60 and B63.  Then we added BG0000 and BV20 for softening and shading.  We used B00, B60 and B63 for the area around the Momma Penguin.   Amazingly enough it started looking pretty good. 


To make the card, I used the Gina Marie Design Venetian Labels on the image and on stamped sentiment.  I used a 5-1/2" square card base and trimmed the patterned paper ~ 1/8" smaller.  After adding the image and sentiment to the card base, I added three enamel dots for balance and a organza bow.  I'm really happy with the way today's card turned out.  
I hope you like it as well. 

To purchase Whimsy Stamps' Momma Penguin image by Crissy Armstrong, Click Here.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to “Follow” my blog and to visit my site ~ “Not JustScraps” on Facebook ~ where you can purchase my cards and other crafting items.

I’ll be entering this card in the following challenges:

Serving a Risen Savior,
Pam

Products Used:




10 comments:

  1. A fabulous result Pamela and worth the effort. Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning! I love the image, your coloring and background!
    Hugs from your new follower -Mariann-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... so adorable! I just saw your Penguin card when I posted mine to the Paper Shelter challenge. I love that we both used the same digi and they look so different. You did a stellar job with your coloring. And that background is amazing. Thanks for sharing. Kathy A at myasperations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image, beautiful design and papers- your colouring class paid dividends, a fantastic result! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n' Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing colouring Pam - this is outstanding. Love both the image and the background - so much perfection in this one card.
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card with a cute image, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing more than a 30 sec's hug! So perfect!
    Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter Challenge
    Godd luck with your entry!

    Iza DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card design and coloring.Love it...Thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE,hope to see you again
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous card with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Victoria DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete