Friday, August 4, 2023

Just Exhausting!

There's nothing worse that forgetting a family member's birthday - especially when you have it on your calendar!  But amid my unexpected recent surgery and recover and then hurrying to prepare for this last retreat, I not only forgot to send my sister in law's birthday card, I also forgot to send my good friend in my home town birthday card too!  They share the same birth day!  As soon as I returned from the retreat and opened my planner book - BAM! Then I saw my noted birthdays and felt so bad!  Thankfully I'd made some really cute birthday cards while I was on the retreat and was able to pop them in the mail the next morning. 

So today I'm sharing the one I selected for my super sweet sister in law, Judy.   Recently she suffered a scary event with heat exhaustion and had to be rushed to the hospital.  Even more reason that this Spring Chicken image from Beccy's Place was perfect for her birthday!



After sizing the image to about 3 1/2" tall, I layered the sentiment close to the chicken about midway on the left side.  I used my Copic markers for coloring and then used the Gina Marie Dropped Pendant die for the stitched die cut edge.

I cut the chevron style paper slightly smaller than the A2 size card base and wrapped brown twine around the image and the colored paper several times, then made a bow just to the left of the image. I secured this to the card base to complete the design. 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:  

Beccy's Place ~ August Challenge 

Fab N' Funky ~ Challenge 578 ~ Summer Fun 

Simon Says Stamps ~ Wednesday Challenge 

The Crafty Addicts ~ Challenge 4  

Crafty Animals ~ Challenge 75   

Critter Crazy ~ Challenge 77


Pam's Pearls

 

Copics  

E41, E42, E43, R35, R37, R39, YR23, YR24, YR27, W3

 

Products 






 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Pam, I hate that feeling too! Love this fun card, and it turned out to be rather appropriate, unfortunately, but I am sure your sister in law had a giggle over it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this
    Too funny
    Great job
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you shared your exhausted chicken with us at Critter Crazy. I hate missing dates too. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and love the fabulous image.Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Pam, you did such a great job with the colouring! I'm very impressed with the way you coordinated the colour of the chicken with the background paper, it looks like an exact match. I also love the large die you used for the image panel, the stitched edge is a lovely touch, and the twine bow is a great addition too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete