Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Believe In Your Dreams

It seems the first of each month comes faster as the calendar flips through the year.  We don't even want to mention that wonderful time of year that might be just around the corner! 

So today starts our last hot month of summer here in the south - August - and boy is it HOT!  I'm so blessed to be able to craft daily and have my lake view, watching the boats go by.

I'm posting today with the Design Team from Morgan's ArtWorld as her August Challenge Blog is now open.  I'm glad you stopped by to see my newest card and hope that you will also visit the challenge blog to see the other Design Team members' cards as well. 

I selected Morgan's 'Cass' for my project this month. I think her wild, full hair caught my eye.  I've always enjoyed coloring hair.  Recently I'd seen a posting with an odd shade of green for the hair.  It didn't state the Copics used but I knew I wanted to try it.  So here we go with one version of GREEN shades for hair. 



I started by sizing the image to just under 4" tall and printed her on Neenah 110# cardstock.  For her hair, I used Copics BG72, BG75, BG78.  Definitely different, but amazingly looks pretty good too. 

To add to the royal look, I selected several shades of orange to gold for her gown and jewelry and then added Copic BG70 lightly around the image to tie it all together and soften the edges. 

For the matting, I added black behind the image and also behind the peach with gold dot background paper.  Usually I list the die that I use, however this is one that I don't have labeled and I wasn't successful in identifying it. 

I secured the layers as shown on a light blue card base with a side fold.  The sentiment die cut was also done in black cardstock and secured overlapping the image.  Lastly I added the blue green twine at the fold with a key charm at the knot.

Morgans – Be sure to visit Morgan’s ArtWorld  for more images and to see the other Design Team cards. We’d love for you to join us in the Monthly Challenge!



 Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

CD Sunday Plus ~ Challenge 115  (Top 3)

Creative Fingers ~ Challenge 259 

Crafty Catz ~ Challenge 648 

World Wide Crafters and Colourist - July Challenge

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics 

Hair BG72, BG75, BG78, Gown: Y26, Y28, YR000, YR02, YR09, YR18, YR23, YR24, YR27, YR68, Around: BG70



8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colouring Pam. She looks sultry and modest - all at the same time.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hair colouring and I love the colour. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous image! Your coloring is great! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green hair works really well with the other colours you've picked.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Pam - love your colour usage here!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card beautifully coloured and thanks again for sharing at crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colouring and love the hair
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete