Monday, August 7, 2023

Splish Splash Little One

Today I'm sharing one of Jan's older digital stamps - Splish Splash!  I selected this for a couple of reasons - it's a great summer image, super cute with the puppy and baby doll and most of all - it was perfect for our Great Granddaughter's FIRST birthday card!




I truly enjoy making special cards for her and her first birthday was certainly a one of those days!  Most of the family gathered together for burgers and hot dogs and watched our little Wren pull the paper apart and out of the bags like a professional. 

Thankfully her parents kept her card and the other cards safely too the side after showing them to her! 

To make this card, I sized the image to just over 4" tall and used my Copic markers for coloring.  I added the stenciled cloud background with Quick Quotes Chalking inks and dotted the water droplets with Diamond Stickles. 

The card base is 6" square, covered with the navy blue patterned paper and the completed image was secured in the center.  The sentiment came from the same digital package and is secured at the bottom right corner after being die cut. 

It turned out to be a cute card, one I hope will be tucked away until she's old enough to look back and enjoy reading her messages. 

How about you ~ do you write to your grandchildren for them to read later in life? 

Thank you for stopping by today to view my blog. I enjoy sharing my work with you and invite you to 'Follow' my blog and to visit my site - "Not Just Scraps' on Facebook - where you can purchase my cards. 

I will be entering this card in the following challenges: 

C.R.A.F.T ~ Challenge 687 ~ Summer  (Top 3)

Fab 'n Funky ~ Challenge 578 ~ Summer Fun 

Simon Says Stamps ~ Wednesday Challenge ~ Summer Fun 

The Four Seasons ~ August Challenge ~ Summer

 

Pam's Pearls

 

Copics

Water: B21, B23, B24, B28, Bathing Suit: Y15, Y18, N5, N6, Hair: YR21, YR24, YR27, E39, Water Can: R14, R17, B28, Duck: Y13, Y19, YR19, Tub: Y26, N2, N4, N5, N6, C2, C5



 

9 comments:

  1. I agree! Perfect for your Great Granddaughter's 1st birthday! This is a sweet image and your card design is too. Thanks for another wonderful team project for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Pam! My niece will turn one later this month. This set is perfect for her as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image beautifully coloured.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this
    You're so creative with your skies
    So many colors you use
    Karlé xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image Pam, and you have made a beautiful card using it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorably cute and she reminds me of my little great granddaughter Everly and your coloring is beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious card, Pam. That image is adorable and your clouds are perfect. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

    Crafty hugs, Renske CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card with a fabulous image, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete